There are lots of fun things that will be opening over the next five years or so in Disney World. New lands, restaurants, and shopping will be giving new life to areas on Disney property and one of them will be opening on December 16th.
According to Disney Parks Blog, the new Jungle Cruise themed restaurant, Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen will have its grand opening on December 16. Facebook and Twitter posts showed the soft opening that happened on December 13th, but it will be “officially” open soon.
The cuisine will include food inspired with tastes of Asia, South America, and Africa. Here is a sampling of what you will find on the menu:
- House-made Arepas – With slow-cooked beef, black beans, tostones, and queso fresco.
- Rice Noodle Bowl – Served with an Asian pho broth. Choice of chicken, duck breast, or tofu and served with jalapenos and fresh herbs.
- Kungaloosh! – An African-inspired chocolate cake that is served with caramelized bananas and cashew-caramel ice cream topped with coffee dust.
Kids also have selections on the menu:
- Junior Skip’s Special Mac and Cheese – This is inspired by an Egyptian dish. It comes with ground beef, pasta, Bechamel Sauce and house-made cheese gratin. This meal also comes with broccoli.
- Smiley’s Little Croc – Chicken Noodle Soup
- Kids Volcano! – The is a chocolate cake the has caramel for the lava and chocolate rocks.
They also have some specialty non-alcoholic drinks:
- Punch Line Punch – This drink includes tropical fruit juice and mango puree. You can also order it with a spiced rim.
- Schweitzer Slush – This drink mixes frozen apple juice and passion fruit and is topped with bursting green apple boba balls.
Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen will open Dec. 16 at Magic Kingdom Park! https://t.co/DC9ghGUxGX pic.twitter.com/MrKodFH05j
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) December 14, 2015
The restaurant seats 222 people and is table-service. It sounds like the cast members like to joke around just as much as their counterparts on the Jungle Cruise, which is what everyone was hoping.
There are three different rooms where guests can be seated. The room choices are a mess hall, a jungle-inspired parlor, or a dining room that is behind a “once secret bookcase” is a former meeting room of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers.
As of right now, they do not take reservations, but they do accept the Disney Dining Plan and Tables in Wonderland discounts.
We’re very excited to try this during our next Disney adventure! Will you try this new dining experience?
Thanks for reading!