California Grill has some of the best views of the Magic Kingdom and watching Wishes from the observation deck is high on this list of top experiences at Disney World. Up until now, California Grill has only been open for dinner. That will change on February 7.
According to Disney Parks Blog, “Brunch at the Top” will be available at California Grill starting February 7, 2016. The brunch menu will include a variety of food and drink available for guests. The drinks include wine, champagne, cocktails, craft beer, a signature brunch cocktail, alcohol free “mimosas” for the kids, and a Bloody Mary Bar.
Enjoy brunch at California Grill high atop Disney’s Contemporary Resort beginning Feb. 7: https://t.co/8Z7outvIaT pic.twitter.com/0kvOs9OJRU
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) December 14, 2015
The first course will include house-made pastries like:
- Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
- Tillamook Cheddar Biscuit
- Cranberry Pecan Scones
The pastries will be served with house-made jam and orange blossom honey butter.
Disney Parks Blog also notes that guests will be able to get samplings at the show kitchen. Things like house smoked orange honey ham, deviled Lake Meadow Naturals eggs, hardwood smoked salmon, California rolls with jumbo lump crabmeat, and more, will be available to taste.
Here are a few of the main entree items:
- Poached Lobster Benedict with Butter-Poached Tail – Served with two soft-poached eggs, honey ham, Yuzu Hollandaise, and marble potato hash.
- Grilled Flat Iron Steak – Served with soft poached eggs, chimichurri, marble potato hash, and charred red onion.
- Sweet Potato Pancakes – Served with caramelized heirloom apples, dried cranberry and raisin compote, vanilla custard, and war Canadian maple syrup.
The brunch will also have a selection of mini-desserts for guests (like macarons and chocolate truffles).
This is a Sunday brunch and the cost is $80 for adults and $48 for kids 3-11. Reservations will open on December 16.
Will this be on your list of dining experiences for your next trip? I’m kind of interested to see that Bloody Mary Bar!
Thanks for reading!