It’s that time of year again! Disney will be starting their search for the 2018 Disney Parks Moms Panel on September 6.
This is a very fun/stressful time of year for a lot of panel hopefuls. The application process is the first step. If accepted, then the candidates go through a few different rounds, with eliminations happening at the end of each round. Candidates are notified through email as to whether they will move on to the next round.
If you are someone who loves to plan trips and have been on a Disney vacation in the past 12 months then you might want to think about applying. Here are the rules from the Disney Parks Moms Panel website:
All Panelists must:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have access to a computer and an Internet connection.
- Have visited either Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort at least once in the last 12 months. If applying to be a Disney Cruise Line® or Disney Vacation Club® Panelist, you must have experienced that vacation within the last 24 months.
- Be able to complete at least approximately 10-20 written responses per week.
- Provide their own opinions, tips and feedback on Disney vacations.
- Submit an autobiography and personal photo and/or video to be posted online.
- Be available to travel to Walt Disney World® Resort during dates between Novemeber 29- December 3, 2017 for Training sessions. Panelists cannot bring family members or friends on the Training visit (detailed dates will be confirmed with Panelists following the search & selection).
- Not be current employees/Cast Members of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including Disney Internship programs, or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts, must not be immediate family members of a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company, including Disney Internships participants, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts, and must not currently reside with a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company, including Disney Internship participants, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts. In addition, participants must not be employees, contractors, advisors or consultants for, must not hold more than a de minimis ownership interest in, and must not serve on the Board of Directors of, any entity of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any entity which owns or operates any hotel, resort or theme park located in Orange, Osceola, Lake, Polk or Seminole Counties, Florida or Orange County, California.
- Not be currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries (including being a travel agent or consultant); and not be an immediate family member of, or currently reside with, people currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries (including being an immediate family member of, or currently residing with a travel agent or consultant).
I have never applied, because I’m a travel agent, but I can only imagine how nerve-racking it would be. I think I would need a lot of chocolate to ease the stress! If you are thinking of applying then you should check out the Facebook group Amazing Adventures of the Disney Parks Moms Panel Search. There are a lot of people in the group that give support and encouragement to those going through the process.
The window to apply is September 6 – September 13, 2017. Good luck to all those who are applying!
Will you be applying this year?
Thanks for reading!
Is this a paid position, or do they get discounted trips there?
It is not a paid position. Disney will bring all the winners to Disney World for a training session at the end of November/beginning of December. On the Disney Parks Moms Panel website it also says that the panelists will receive a trip for themselves and up to 3 guests to a Disney destination.
Anytime! 🙂 Good luck if you decide to apply!