The Villas and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort in Disney World have been open for a bit. The non-DVC rooms were scheduled to reopen on October 4. However that date was already moved once from the original reopening date of August 22. Now, the reopening date is much further away.
Interesting news was recently announced regarding some Disney World Resort hotels. The news has been met with mixed feelings from guests who stay on property.
This week’s featured photo brings us to the Disney Monorail Resort Hotel area.
During my last trip to Disney World I acquired a new favorite drink. I still love the frozen Grand Marnier Slushy, but the Lapu Lapu tops the list as my favorite drink.
This week’s photo takes us to the lobby of the Polynesian Village Resort.
I have wanted to try a Lapu Lapu for a while. Ever since I saw a picture of the pineapple drink, it has been on my list of drinks to try in Disney World.
Tonga Toast is a pretty popular breakfast option at the Kona Cafe. Each time I go to Kona that is what I get, I just can’t bring myself to order anything else.
The monorail resorts are some of the most popular resorts on Disney World property, and for good reason. The location can’t be beat. All three of them are a monorail ride away from Magic Kingdom, and guests staying at the Contemporary have a short 10-15 minute walk to the Magic Kingdom.
There are quick service restaurants all over Disney property and that includes the resort hotels. So, here is a list of the quick service options for the monorail resorts. These are helpful to know about if you are touring the resorts or if you spend any time at one of the hotels for activities.
We’ll start with the Contemporary and work our way around the monorail loop.
- Contempo Cafe– For breakfast you can find things like Mickey waffles, French toast, breakfast burritos, pastries, bagels, and more, as well as a selection of drinks (including coffee). For lunch and dinner they have flatbreads, pasta, sandwiches, burgers, and more, as well as a selection of drinks (including alcoholic beverages). They also serve kids’ meals. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Contemporary Grounds– Find breakfast sandwiches, pastries, cookies, coffee, tea, lattes, frozen drinks, iced tea, and hot chocolate at this location. Open from 5:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Cover Bar – This is only for Disney Vacation Club members and guests who are staying at Bay Lake Tower. The pool bar serves sushi, wraps, hot dogs, hummus, salads, shrimp cocktail, fruit, vegetables with Ranch, chips, Mickey Pretzels, nachos, and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. They also serve Mickey Check Meals and kids’ meals. Open from late morning until around 7 p.m.
- The Sand Bar– This is the pool bar for the Contemporary. Here you will find burgers, pitas, salads, hot dogs, quesadillas, wraps, fruits, vegetables, Mickey Pretzels, cookies, carnitas, chips, hummus, some gluten-free snacks, desserts, and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. They also serve kids’ meals and Mickey Check Meals. Open from late morning until early evening.
The Polynesian Village Resort
- Barefoot Pool Bar– This is for those that are staying at the Poly. You can find specialty drinks, non-alcoholic specialty drinks, beer, wine, and Sangria at this location.
- Cook’s– For breakfast you will can get breakfast platters, breakfast sandwiches, breakfast burritos, Mickey waffles, Tonga Toast, pastries, and more. For lunch and dinner they have sandwiches, burgers, Thai Coconut Meatballs, salads, lobster rolls, hot dogs, chicken and waffles, fish tacos, flatbreads, pastries, and more. Late-night dining is also available. A selection of beverages, including alcoholic beverages, is available throughout the day. They also have Mickey Check Meals and kids’ meals. Open 24 hours.
- Pineapple Lanai – At the Poly and looking for a Dole Whip? Look no further! Not only will you find a Dole Whip here, but they also have Pineapple Floats and bottled water. Open from 10 a.m. until 11 p.m.
Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
- Beaches Pool Bar and Grill– This is a pool bar at the Grand Floridian. You will find sushi, fruit, sandwiches, burgers, salads, chicken nuggets, Florida Escabeche, desserts, non-alcoholic beverages, specialty drinks, frozen drinks, wine, Sangria, and beer at this location. They also have Mickey Check Meals and kids’ meals. Open from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Courtyard Pool Bar– Another pool bar at the Grand Floridian. Flatbreads, sandwiches, burgers, salads, specialty drinks, non-alcoholic drinks, frozen drinks, wine, beer, and Sangria can all be found here. They also have Mickey Check Meals and kids’ meals. Open from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Gasparilla Island Grill– For breakfast you will find breakfast platters, breakfast sandwiches, Mickey waffles, oatmeal, pancakes, pastries, grits, and drinks (including cappuccino and espresso). For lunch and dinner they offer sandwiches, salads (including create-your-own), burgers, flatbreads, chicken nuggets, Paninis, soup, desserts, and drinks. They also have kids’ meals. Late night dining is available with a limited menu. Open 24 hours 7 days a week.
So there you go! Those are the quick service locations at the monorail resorts. Hope you find this helpful!
Thanks for reading!
Thanks to my friend, Andria, I can give you some updates on the Polynesian Village Resort. She is there right now, celebrating her birthday. Happy birthday, Andria!
The first Poly update she sent me was about Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto. She and her friends visited Trader Sam’s last night. I did get a piece of advice from her regarding the drinks. . She warned against ordering the Mai Tai. I guess they didn’t think it tasted very good and no one wanted to drink it. Everyone has different tastes, but all three of them did not care for the drink.
Another comment she made about Trader Sam’s was that it is very small. It didn’t look very big from the drawings and the pictures, but it sounds like it’s a pretty small space. I guess that’s why they have the Tiki Terrace, lots of seating outside as compared to inside. If you would like to sit inside to check out all the fun decorations, you may have to wait for a seat.
I’ll keep you posted on updates from Andria’s adventures! Thank you, Andria!
Have you been to Trader Sam’s yet?
Thanks for reading!