Ready to have some selfie fun? Disney has come out with a new app that will help you show your Disney Side.
The app gives you a choice of 3 Frozen characters, 3 Star Wars characters, and 3 Pirates of the Caribbean characters. There are also 3 Haunted Mansion characters to choose from, but you have to either visit Disney World/Disneyland or share 3 of your selfie Disney Side pictures on Facebook or Twitter for them to unlock.
My daughter and I played around with the pictures and it’s a really cute app! I’m not so sure about the Elsa option though. I think because of how her dress is designed and the way her hair is, it’s hard to get a good picture without your own shirt or hair showing. Either way, my daughter loved that her picture turned into Elsa.
Some of the features of the app:
- It’s animated. Yep, your picture will actually move. Your head moves and your eyes blink. (Very Harry Potter-esque)
- There are different frames and costumes to choose from, depending on the characters. Some characters (like Elsa and Kristoff) only have one costume.
- If you slide your finger around the screen the your picture will follow your finger. The head and eyes move in the direction you slide your finger.
- You can move the costumes around and pinch them to make them smaller, for a better “fit.”
- When you slide your finger across certain pictures it will leave a trail related to that character. For instance, when you slide your finger over Elsa’s picture there is a trail of snow and ice. Some have sound too, see the video below.
- You can share a video or a picture of your Disney Side character.
One other thing I noticed is that if you take a picture of a picture, it will still work. I tried it with a picture of myself, instead of taking a traditional selfie, and it still recognized the face. However, if you are not standing or sitting straight in the original picture, then the Disney Side picture will end up tilted, but it’s still fun.
To download the app, click here. For more info, click here.
Here are some I played around with. I love the video!