Planning a Disney World vacation can be very intense, depending on what you want to do. Some people like to plan (me) and others like to go with the flow. If you are only spending one full day on property I think planning is pretty important.
My adults only trip is coming up very soon. For the first few days I’m staying with some friends in a couple of DVC rooms, thanks to a very generous Melissa for inviting us. For my last full day there I booked a moderate resort with another friend who is coming in from Tampa for one day.
So she and I decided to get together to plan out our one day we will have on property. It’s hard to narrow things down for one day on property, but I am glad we talked about it. We had to decide whether or not we wanted to go to a park or just explore resorts. We opted to do some exploring and make some dining reservations.
So here is what we decided for our day in Disney:
- Breakfast at Kona Cafe and lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe sounded pretty good, which is what helped us to decide on touring the monorail resorts for the first part of the day.
- After we’re done with lunch we are going to hop to Disney Springs to do a little wandering and some shopping. We have a list of places in Disney Springs we want to check out during our wanderings.
- Then come back to explore Port Orleans Riverside. We reserved a Royal Room, so I am super excited to see all the fun details in the room.
- Later we’re going to head to the Boardwalk to watch Illuminations from the bridge and enjoy the entertainment on the Boardwalk (fingers crossed for no rain!).
- Finally we will head back to POR to see Yehaa Bob Jackson at River Roost Lounge.
Who knows if we will really have time to do all of this, but we both feel better having a plan. I’m sure we will stay up late wandering around, trying to soak up every last second of Disney World before we have to leave. Having one day in Disney is definitely better than no days in Disney, but planning will help us not to waste time trying to figure out what to do next.
Are you a planner when it comes to your Disney World vacation?
Thanks for reading!
Need FREE help planning your trip? Contact Dream Makers Travel Agency today! Getting your tickets for the parks and special events, reserving your FastPasses, and making your dining reservations are all included in the planning.