There’s been one thing fans of Disney World have been wondering about for a while now. When will the Disney Dining Plan return. While it looked like it wouldn’t be returning, due to the lack of communication about it, Disney surprised everyone today saying that it will return in 2024!
Starting today guests will have a fourth option when choosing one of Disney’s dining plans. Before today there were three options: Quick Service Dining Plan, Disney Dining Plan, and Deluxe Dining Plan.
The Disney Dining Plan is a very popular addition to Disney vacation packages. Guests add these plans to their vacation package so they know their food is covered before they even get to Disney World.
One of the most anticipated announcements for Disney vacation planning is the free dining promotion. Disney has been offering that promotion for a while now, and rumors have started swirling of when it will be available this year.
Planning for Disney World includes many things and it can be a little intimidating. One element of planning a Disney World vacation includes making dining reservations.
Experiencing the food in Disney World is an activity all by itself. Choosing which restaurants to visit is a fun part of the planning process for many people.
There is a new update to the My Disney Experience app and with it come some very welcome additions. A lot of people are very excited about this update and I’m one of them.
It’s something that is always highly anticipated and something everyone always asks, when will the free dining promotion be released.
Last week the latest Play, Stay, & Dine offer opened up for Disney Visa Card members. Today it is officially open to everyone.
There are quick service restaurants all over Disney property and that includes the resort hotels. So, here is a list of the quick service options for the monorail resorts. These are helpful to know about if you are touring the resorts or if you spend any time at one of the hotels for activities.
We’ll start with the Contemporary and work our way around the monorail loop.
- Contempo Cafe– For breakfast you can find things like Mickey waffles, French toast, breakfast burritos, pastries, bagels, and more, as well as a selection of drinks (including coffee). For lunch and dinner they have flatbreads, pasta, sandwiches, burgers, and more, as well as a selection of drinks (including alcoholic beverages). They also serve kids’ meals. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Contemporary Grounds– Find breakfast sandwiches, pastries, cookies, coffee, tea, lattes, frozen drinks, iced tea, and hot chocolate at this location. Open from 5:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Cover Bar – This is only for Disney Vacation Club members and guests who are staying at Bay Lake Tower. The pool bar serves sushi, wraps, hot dogs, hummus, salads, shrimp cocktail, fruit, vegetables with Ranch, chips, Mickey Pretzels, nachos, and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. They also serve Mickey Check Meals and kids’ meals. Open from late morning until around 7 p.m.
- The Sand Bar– This is the pool bar for the Contemporary. Here you will find burgers, pitas, salads, hot dogs, quesadillas, wraps, fruits, vegetables, Mickey Pretzels, cookies, carnitas, chips, hummus, some gluten-free snacks, desserts, and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. They also serve kids’ meals and Mickey Check Meals. Open from late morning until early evening.
The Polynesian Village Resort
- Barefoot Pool Bar– This is for those that are staying at the Poly. You can find specialty drinks, non-alcoholic specialty drinks, beer, wine, and Sangria at this location.
- Cook’s– For breakfast you will can get breakfast platters, breakfast sandwiches, breakfast burritos, Mickey waffles, Tonga Toast, pastries, and more. For lunch and dinner they have sandwiches, burgers, Thai Coconut Meatballs, salads, lobster rolls, hot dogs, chicken and waffles, fish tacos, flatbreads, pastries, and more. Late-night dining is also available. A selection of beverages, including alcoholic beverages, is available throughout the day. They also have Mickey Check Meals and kids’ meals. Open 24 hours.
- Pineapple Lanai – At the Poly and looking for a Dole Whip? Look no further! Not only will you find a Dole Whip here, but they also have Pineapple Floats and bottled water. Open from 10 a.m. until 11 p.m.
Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
- Beaches Pool Bar and Grill– This is a pool bar at the Grand Floridian. You will find sushi, fruit, sandwiches, burgers, salads, chicken nuggets, Florida Escabeche, desserts, non-alcoholic beverages, specialty drinks, frozen drinks, wine, Sangria, and beer at this location. They also have Mickey Check Meals and kids’ meals. Open from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Courtyard Pool Bar– Another pool bar at the Grand Floridian. Flatbreads, sandwiches, burgers, salads, specialty drinks, non-alcoholic drinks, frozen drinks, wine, beer, and Sangria can all be found here. They also have Mickey Check Meals and kids’ meals. Open from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Gasparilla Island Grill– For breakfast you will find breakfast platters, breakfast sandwiches, Mickey waffles, oatmeal, pancakes, pastries, grits, and drinks (including cappuccino and espresso). For lunch and dinner they offer sandwiches, salads (including create-your-own), burgers, flatbreads, chicken nuggets, Paninis, soup, desserts, and drinks. They also have kids’ meals. Late night dining is available with a limited menu. Open 24 hours 7 days a week.
So there you go! Those are the quick service locations at the monorail resorts. Hope you find this helpful!
Thanks for reading!