New details have been released about Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar that is opening this fall in Downtown Disney. It sounds like it is going to be a fun place with some good food!
Disney Parks Blog has shared that the decor of the new restaurant will include salvaged equipment, spare airplane parts, and other fun items from Jock and his travels. Jock is, of course, the character from the “Indiana Jones” movies who was often Indy’s pilot.
The restaurant will seat 150 and you will be able to find it between Paradiso 37 and the BOATHOUSE restaurant. Jock’s old steamboat will also be available for guests.
Here are some of the items that you will find on the menu when the restaurant opens:
- Elsa’s She-Deviled Eggs – These are brined in beet juice and filled with lump crab
- “Good” Dates – Dates that are stuffed with goat cheese and come with Marcona almonds and pickled vegetables.
- Snack of Ra – African salads and dips that are served with injera (bread) and naan crisps.
- Tanis Tacos – These are filled with falafel, shredded lettuce, and cucumber-tomato salad.
- Pretzels – Served with house-made mustard and beer-cheese fondue.
- Rolling Boulder Sliders – Three spice meatballs on mini-buns with yogurt sauce.
- Brody Brats – Grilled bratwurst with mustard and pickled cabbage.
- Lao Che’s Revenge – Spicy Asian wings.
- “Squid! Why’d It Have to Be Squid” – Fried calamari flatbread with spicy harissa.
There will also be some specialty drinks:
- Reggie’s Revenge
- The Fountain of Youth – Features Florida vodkas.
- Hovito Mojito
- The Bitter Barkeep – Made with Peruvian Pisco.
- Anything Goes – Made with an Asian spirit that is a little spicy.
- The Aviator’s Flight
- The Scottish Professor
- Cool-headed Monkey – Made with African spirits.
Check out the latest delicious details for Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar, opening this fall: http://t.co/4AQdnT7NDI | pic.twitter.com/8QPBlptSXS
— Downtown Disney (@WDWDowntown) August 11, 2015
I have a feeling this restaurant is going to be pretty popular. As long as the prices are reasonable (well, reasonable for Disney).
We will keep you posted on updates for this restaurant. Right now there is no opening date, just fall 2015.
Thanks for reading!