It’s done! Our LEGO Disney castle is put together and it’s nothing short of awesome.
This set is so incredibly impressive. There are so many intricate details in the castle and so many pieces that you don’t actually see once the set is complete.
My husband built the castle in about 8 hours and there were many, many tiny pieces throughout the entire build. The finished product is something that any Disney fan will appreciate. The only issue we have with it is that the two sections of the castle don’t really connect, so it’s a bit fragile. That’s it though; overall it’s an exciting piece to add to our Disney collection.
Before we get to the video, let me share some stats with you:
- The unopened box weighs 12.8 lbs.
- The finished castle is about 30 inches tall
- The base is 19 inches wide
- From the widest part (from the front steps to the back) it is 12 inches deep
- There are a total of 4,080 pieces in this set
- The bags are numbered to 14
- Total number of numbered bags is 33 (each numbered bag has multiple bags with that number)
- Number of other bags that are not numbered is 19
- Total number of bags is 53
- There is one instruction booklet
- The instruction booklet is 491 pages
- There is one sticker sheet with 17 stickers on it
- There are 10 Disney movies that are represented in the castle:
- The Princess and the Frog
- The Little Mermaid
- Sleeping Beauty
- Beauty and the Beast
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
It’s a little intimidating when you see all those bags. It’s especially intimidating when you see all the small parts that are in the bags, but the end result is totally worth it!
The set includes LEGO minifigures of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and Tinker Bell. I love all the Disney movies that are represented in the castle. It’s hard to choose a favorite, but I think it would have to be either the Beauty and the Beast room or the kitchen that represents both The Little Mermaid and Cinderella.
There are so many amazing details in the castle, down to the spring loaded “fireworks” that shoot from the castle. It’s fun, but just be careful, because they shoot pretty far and could be easy to lose. We almost lost one of them the first time we tried this feature.
This is easily my favorite LEGO set ever. Now if they could only come out with LEGO sets of the different Disney parks. Seriously, how cool would that be?!
Here is the time lapse video of the build. Enjoy!
Are you going to get a castle?
Thanks for reading!
Need FREE help planning your trip? Contact Dream Makers Travel Agency today! Getting your tickets for the parks and special events, reserving your FastPasses, and making your dining reservations are all included in the planning.