We are just three days away from the first Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party of the season! So I thought it would be a good idea to share some information and tips for the party.
There is so much that goes on during the Halloween party. It’s hard to know what to concentrate on. Between the rides, the characters, the shows, and the trick-or-treating, it’s very easy to lose track of time and miss a lot of the stuff. So, my advice is to look at everything that will be going on at the party and make a list of what things are “can’t miss” items and work your way down from there. For instance, if seeing rare characters is something you don’t feel you can miss, then start with the character meet and greets and go from there. Trying to do everything can make for a hectic and not so fun evening.
While you are walking around, don’t forget to check out the decorations. The fall decorations at Disney World are fun and they take on a new life during the Halloween party. Plus, Disney adds different sound effects throughout the park. It’s a really fun event and my favorite of the two holiday parties!
Rides and Attractions That Are Open During the Party
- Jungle Cruise
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Liberty Square
- Haunted Mansion
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- “It’s a small world”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mad Tea Party
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Storybook Circus
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- The Barnstormer
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Space Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- TRON Lightcycle/Run
Disney hasn’t released an official list of characters that will be at the party, but you can expect to see rare characters that are not usually in the park. Some classic characters will also be in Halloween costumes themselves (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto etc) and they’re always fun to get a picture with at the party. The Seven Dwarfs usually make an appearance as well, but the line to see them gets long quickly. So if you want to see the Seven Dwarfs I recommend getting in line early so you don’t spend a good chunk of the party waiting in line.
There are usually close to 15 trick-or-treating locations around Magic Kingdom in the different lands. Disney will hand out bags when the party starts, but the bags a pretty small, especially given how much candy you get at each station. The Cast Members usually give handfuls of candy at each station, so I would recommend bringing a bigger bag with you. If you go to all the trick-or-treat stations you will be leaving with a lot of candy.
Disney also has a couple of food allergy locations, as well. Make sure to tell a Cast Member about any food allergies, because they will give you a teal colored trick-or-treat bag. These bags are for any guest with food allergies to use, because it signals to the Cast Members that you have a food allergy. Guests with allergies can still trick-or-treat at the other locations, the Cast Members will give a token that can be redeemed at the allergy friendly stations.
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular
- August and September Times
- 8:35 p.m.
- 10:45 p.m.
- 12 a.m.
- October Times
- 7:40 p.m.
- 8:35 p.m.
- 10:45 p.m.
- 12 a.m.
- August and September Times
- Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Fireworks Show
- Showtime is 10:15 p.m.
- Boo-to-You Halloween Parade
- Parade Times: 9:15 p.m. and 11:15 p.m.
- The Cadavar Dans Barbershop Quartet
- 7 p.m.
- 7:45 p.m.
- 8:30 p.m.
- 9:45 p.m.
- 10:30 p.m.
- Disney Junior Jam at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe.
Disney has released a “Foodie Guide” with a list of treats that will be available at the party and some that are available daily through November 1. Here’s the list:
Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
- Apple Fritter Milkshake: Salted caramel milkshake topped with green apple whipped cream and an apple fritter (Non-alcoholic) (Available during regular park hours and at the party)
- MMMummy Treat: Flaky pastry filled with chocolate-hazelnut filling and topped with white icing stripes and sugar eyes. (Available during the party only)
- Queen of Hearts Slushy: Frozen cherry slushy drizzled with black cherry purée and topped with whipped cream and a crown-shaped chocolate piece (Non-alcoholic) (Available during regular park hours and at the party)
- Witches Cold Brew: French Vanilla Joffrey’s Coffee Cold Brew topped with pumpkin-spiced foam and Halloween sprinkles. (Available during regular park hours and at the party)
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
- Terrifyin’ Twice-Spiced Chicken Sandwich: Spicy fried chicken breast dipped in hot honey and topped with pepper jack cheese, jalapeño poppers, and bacon. (Available during the party only)
- The Snarling Sub: Meatball sub with spicy marinara, pesto and pearl mozzarella “teeth” served on a black roll. (Available during the party only)
- Zombie Fingers: Almond cookie fingers, Key lime pie white chocolate ganache, salted caramel crisp pearls, and sugar eyes. (Available during the party only)
- River Styx Elixir: Kiwi lemonade with luster dust (Non-alcoholic) (Available during the party only)
The Friar’s Nook
- Pain and Panic Brat: Bratwurst, sweet and spicy onion relish, and sriracha mustard. (Available during the party only)
- Pain and Panic Loaded Tots: Tots topped with sweet and spicy onion relish, sriracha mustard, and crumbled bratwurst. (Available during the party only)
- Buffalo Chicken Hand Pie with spicy ranch drizzle and blue cheese powder. (Available during the party only)
Golden Oak Outpost
- Tombstone Tart: Flaky pastry filled with strawberry-jalapeño jam and topped with sprinkles and sugar spiders. (Available during regular park hours and at the party)
- Loaded Sweet Potato Fries: Sweet potato fries tossed in cinnamon sugar and topped with marshmallow cream, butterscotch chips, and toffee pieces. (Available during the party only)
Liberty Square Market
- Black Velvet Whoopie Pie: Black velvet cookie with buttercream and sprinkles topped with a sugar spider. (Available during regular park hours)
Main Street Bakery
- Mickey-shaped Cinnamon Roll – A Mickey-shaped cinnamon roll topped with orange frosting and sprinkles. (Available during regular park hours and at the party)
- Minnie-shaped Pumpkin Cheesecake – Pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin coffee mousse topped with a white chocolate candy corn bow. (Only available at the party)
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
- Cajun Burger – Cajun spiced all-beef patty topped with fried green tomatoes, Cajun Andouille dip, and Creole remoulade served on a black bun. (Only available during the party)
- Bowl of Bones – Piggy wings (bone-in) fried with fresh jalapenos tossed in Coca-Cola Cherry barbecue sauce. (Only available during the party)
- Candy Corn Milkshake – Sweet corn soft-serve topped with whipped cream and sweet potato corn bread nuggets (Non-alcoholic) (Only available during the party)
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
- Apple Fritter Sundae: Apple fritters topped with choice of ice cream, whipped cream, and sprinkles. (Only available during the party)
- Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich: Cookies topped with sprinkles with choice of ice cream. (Only available during the party)
- Char Siu Chicken Wings: Whole chicken wings glazed in char siu and topped with chili threads and garlic. (Only available during the party)
- Headless Horseman Cupcake: Spicy cheese-flavored cupcake with lime filling topped with cream cheese buttercream, spicy cheese-flavored snacks, and a chocolate piece. (Only available during the party)
- Cinnamon Funnel Cake: Funnel cake topped with pumpkin ice cream, drizzled with pumpkin spiced caramel, and topped with butterscotch chips. (Only available during the party)
- Hades Cone: DOLE Whip mango and habanero soft-serve topped with blue raspberry shell and chili-lime seasoning. (Only available during the party)
Sunshine Tree Terrace
- Tropical Graveyard: Mango mousse and sour tropical gelatin topped with cookie crumbles, gummy worm, sprinkles, and a tombstone chocolate piece. (Only available during the party)
Churro Cart near Cinderella Castle and Outdoor Vending Cart Near The Haunted Mansion
- Not-So-Poison Apple Churro: Churro rolled in green apple sugar, topped with SNICKERS bar pieces, and drizzled with caramel sauce. (Available during regular park hours and at the party)
- Jack Pop: Chocolate fudge brownie with marshmallow filling and topped with a Jack chocolate piece. (Only available during the party)
- Sally Pop: Yellow pop with raspberry filling topped with a Sally chocolate piece. (Only available during the party)
Outdoor Vending Cart
- Skull Brownie: Mexican-spiced chocolate brownie with dulce de leche filling and sugar eyes. (Only available during the party)
Keep in mind that while Disney encourages people to dress up for the Halloween party, they also have guidelines when it comes to the costumes. It’s important to read the guidelines before you go to the party, so you can make sure it follows the rules. It would stink to get to the party and be told that your costume is not allowed.
Here are the guidelines as they appear on Disney’s website:
GUESTS AGES 13 AND UNDER
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
GUESTS AGES 14 AND OLDER
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any props or accessories that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (for example, full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus. Costume headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Costume masks of any kind may not be worn.
- Please note: all rules and regulations are subject to change without notice.
- There are special PhotoPass opportunities during the party, so make sure to get a pamphlet with a map to see where the locations are.
- Guests who have a party ticket can enter the park as early as 4 p.m. dressed in their costumes.
- Two table service restaurants are open during the party: Cinderella’s Royal Table and Be Our Guest Restaurant
- If you plan to do a sit down meal, I would do it before the party officially starts at 7 p.m. You only have five hours for the party and table service meals can take up a lot of precious party time. Trust me, those five hours go by really fast.
- If you have a party ticket and you enter the park at 4 p.m. or after, you don’t need a separate theme park ticket.
- Bring a bigger bag for candy if you plan on trick-or-treating.
- Take a look at the party pamphlet with the map and plan where you want to spend the most time. That way you aren’t zig-zagging all over the park, which can waste a lot of time.
- Decide what you want to do most, trick-or-treating, seeing characters, or riding rides. You can fit parades and shows in between whatever you are doing, but trying to do everything will be very difficult and very exhausting.
- The Grave Diggers are a fun part of the Boo-to-You Parade, so make sure to get a good spot to watch.
- If the party you are attending is a sold out party, then it might be a little more crowded than you had hoped. However, if you have a plan set for what you want to see just stick to that and the crowd shouldn’t be an issue.
- Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular starts at 10:15 p.m., so it will be over before the party ends. If you want to get a good spot for the fireworks I would head to Main Street U.S.A. no later than 9:30.
- If you pay to have the PhotoPass service then take advantage and stop at any PhotoPass photographer you see. Magic Shot locations are indicated on the party map, so make sure to look for those!
- The trick-or-treat lines move pretty fast. So if you see characters you want to meet along the way you can always make a stop. Just check to see how long the line is. If it’s too long you may want to continue with the trick-or-treating.
- The Headless Horseman kicks off the Boo-to-You Parade and he’s really cool to see in person. So if you are looking for some fun picture opportunities at the party, I wouldn’t miss him.
I hope this information helps those that are attending Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! Have a great time and enjoy one of the most fun parties on Disney World property!
Thanks for reading!