Luckily, the storm did not cause any damage to the Disney World property. That means Disney can resume normal operating hours, like they planned, for tomorrow.
So here is the info for the different areas on property and their operating schedule starting tomorrow, October 8:
- All four theme parks are scheduled to reopen at 8 a.m.
- Animal Kingdom will have Extra Magic Hours starting at 7 a.m.
- The World Showcase in EPCOT will open at 11 a.m. with Frozen Ever After opening at 8 a.m.
- Both water parks will resume normal operating hours.
- Disney Springs will resume normal operating hours. A couple of notes for Disney Springs:
- It partially reopened this evening at 5 p.m.
- Characters in Flight will remain closed through Sunday October 9.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is still canceled for tonight. To rebook or get a refund, call 407-939-7818 beginning on Monday October 10 at 9 a.m.
- The mini golf courses will return to normal operating hours.
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will return to normal operating hours.
- Anything that was canceled before the storm, like tonight’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, will remain canceled.
Visit Disney’s website for more info.
We are so glad that Disney World did not get hit as hard as we thought they were going to. We’re also still thinking about those that were not as lucky and remained in Matthew’s path.
If there are further updates released, we will make sure to let you know.
Thanks for reading!
Need FREE help planning your trip? Contact Dream Makers Travel Agency today! Getting your tickets for the parks and special events, reserving your FastPasses, and making your dining reservations are all included in the planning.