In case you haven’t heard, there have been several brush fires in Central Florida recently. They are battling them, but the dry weather makes it difficult.
Due to these brush fires Disney has suspended their campfire activities to comply with local fire restrictions. According to the Orlando Sentinel, a burn band has been put in place by the mayor of Orange County.
In addition to the campfires, the campsite and cabin-side fires at Disney’s Fort Wilderness are also included in the ban. Other outdoor activities, like the outdoor movies, will still continue.
Here is a list of Disney Resort Hotels that have campfires:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge (including Kidani Village)
- Beach Club Resort and Villas
- BoardWalk Inn and Villas
- Caribbean Beach
- Contemporary Resort (including Bay Lake)
- Coronado Springs
- Fort Wilderness (both Cabins and Campsites)
- Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (including the Villas)
- Old Key West
- Polynesian Village Resort (including Villas and Bungalows)
- Port Orleans – French Quarter
- Port Orleans – Riverside
- Saratoga Springs
- Wilderness Lodge (including the Boulder Ridge Villas)
- Yacht Club
We will keep you updated on any other information released about the effect the brush fires are having on outdoor activities at Disney World.
Thanks for reading!