It’s fun to get autographs while you are visiting any of the Disney Parks. Both kids and adults like visiting the characters and getting pictures and autographs to remember their vacation. But have you ever tried to bring something other than an autograph book to get signed?
A lot of people do this. I have not brought anything except the autograph books for the kids, but I definitely want to have fun with this next time. It seems that the most common thing to try, other than an autograph book, is a picture frame mat (white) and you frame a picture of the whole family that was taken during your trip. Your picture will be surrounded by all the autographs you collected on your trip. That’s a pretty cool souvenir!
Since the picture frame mats have become a popular item to have signed, I say get creative! It’s my understanding that as long as you are not wearing it the characters will most likely sign it. So why not come up with a few different ideas for autographs? The items can be accents around the house instead of sitting on a bookshelf or in a box in the closet and they are good conversation starters.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Shoes – Yep, I have seen people do this. Just get a pair of white canvas shoes and the characters with sign them (as long as you are not wearing them). You will have to coat them with a protective substance, so the weather does not ruin them.
- Tote Bags – This is another instance where you will want to use a protective coat on the autographs. I have seen some pretty fun totes covered in Disney character signatures. Now that’s a conversation starter!
- Pillow Cases – The signed pillow cases are a nice addition on the bed and the kids will love looking at the signatures and reliving their trip. Plus, pillowcases are usually pretty big, so you will be able to fit a lot of signatures!
- T-Shirt – If you bring a basic white T-Shirt for the characters to sign, you will be able to fit a lot of signatures. This is nice because it will give them all plenty of space to sign and you will have a unique piece of clothing when it’s done! Remember, they will not sign the shirt if you are wearing it. So bring it in you backpack. Speaking of backpacks…
- Backpacks – If your child has a favorite backpack you can bring it and have the characters sign it. Think how much they will love bringing their backpack to school!
There are some ideas to get you started. You can make a game out of it, see who can come up with the most creative ideas of things for the characters to sign. You probably don’t want to bring anything too big (like a blanket or big canvas), unless you are not planning on riding any attractions that day. If the the item is too big, you won’t be able to go on any of the rides with it.
Don’t get me wrong, the autograph books are great and my daughter loves looking at hers! I just keep thinking about how many autograph books we are going to collect over the years and I like the idea of bringing something new for autographs next time. Whatever we come up with for the next trip, you can be sure there will be pictures and a post about it so you guys can see what we decided on. Likewise, if you come up with a fun idea for autographs, feel free to post pictures in the comments or on the Facebook Group and Facebook Page. It’s fun to see everyone’s creative ideas!
Thanks for reading!