It’s hard to believe it is already that time of year, but here we are. The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival has been in full effect for almost a week and that means lots of new food and drink options will be available in Epcot for a little over two months.
Just like Disney World as a whole, the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival can be a little intimidating if this is your first time experiencing it. The food smells delicious and the cost of each plate is not bad. You get snack sized portions for a reasonable price. So you can try a decent amount of food without spending a small fortune.
Here are some tips for the festival:
Check out the Food Choices Ahead of Time
Grab a Food & Wine Festival booklet ahead of time. These passports list all the food and drinks available at each of the booths and serve as a checklist for guests to use to keep track of what they have tried. You can also get a stamp from each country’s booth. By looking at the checklist ahead of time you can get an idea of which items you would like to try and avoid standing around, unsure of where to go to next.
Share the Food
Sharing plates works in everyone’s favor. This will give you the opportunity to try more things and you won’t feel full as quickly. My husband and I do this and we definitely get to try more things than if we did not share. Granted, not everyone is going to want to try the same things all the time, but I would definitely share when you can.
Take Your Time
Don’t rush through the World Showcase. There is so much to see and try during this festival, so you don’t want to rush around and miss little touches at the different booths. For starters, the booths are all themed to their home country and it’s fun to look at them all and pick a favorite.
Also, performances still happen throughout the World Showcase. You never know what performances you might catch while walking around the lagoon, but it’s definitely worth it to take your time. Grab a times guide at the entrance of Epcot and you will be able to see when some of the performances are happening.
Take Part in the Extra Activities
Every year there are food and drink seminars that are available during the festival. You can find a list of these seminars on the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival page on Disney’s website. These seminars do cost extra, but they can be a lot of fun.
Don’t Miss the Eat to the Beat Concert Series
These are fun and free concerts that are available for guests in Epcot to attend. The concerts take place in the America Garden Theatre and run for the length of the Food & Wine Festival. Different acts will place on different nights of the festival. The performances will happen daily at 5:30, 6:45, and 8 p.m. The Eat to the Beat Concert Series is included in Epcot admission, so no extra ticket is needed.
Here is the full lineup of the Eat to the Beat Concert Series for the festival:
- Delta Rae: August 31 – September 1, 2017
- The Hooters: September 2 – September 3, 2017
- Baha Men: September 4 – September 5, 2017
- Fuel: September 6 – September 7, 2017
- STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas: September 8 – September 10, 2017
- Lauren Alaina: September 11 – September 12, 2017
- Plain White T’s: September 13 – September 15, 2017
- Sister Hazel: September 16 – September 17, 2017
- Air Supply: September 18 – September 20, 2017
- David Cook: September 21 – September 22, 2017
- Everclear: September 23 – September 24, 2017
- Sugar Ray: September 25 – September 27, 2017
- 38 Special: September 28 – September 29, 2017
- Mark Wills: September 30 – October 1. 2017
- American Authors: October 2 – October 3, 2017
- Christopher Cross: October 4 – October 5, 2017
- Devon Allman: October 6 – October 8, 2017
- Dennis DeYoung: The Music of STYX: October 9 – October 11, 2017
- Taylor Dayne: October 12 – October 13, 2017
- Jeffry Osborne: October 14 – October 15, 2017
- Postmodern Jukebox: October 16 – October 17, 2017
- 10,000 Maniacs: October 18 – October 20, 2017
- Toad the Wet Sprocket: October 21 – October 22, 2017
- Kenny G: October 23 – October 24, 2017
- Billy Ocean: October 25 – October 26, 2017
- Tiffany: October 27 – October 29, 2017
- Hanson: October 30 – November 1, 2017
- Blue October: November 2 – November 3, 2017
- Living Colour: November 4 – November 5, 2017
- Boys II Men: November 6 – November 8, 2017
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy: November 9 – November 11, 2017
- Squeeze: November 12 – November 13, 2017
So there are a few tips to help you prepare for the festival. This is truly one of our favorite events at Disney World and I know we are not alone in feeling that way.
The Epcot International Food & Wine started August 31, 2017 and will run until November 13, 2017.
Are you planning to attend this year?
Thanks for reading!