One of the most popular mountains in Disney World is Space Mountain. There is a Space Mountain at five of the Disney parks around the world. I love that this ride takes place in the dark, so you feel like you are going much faster than you actually are. This is one of Disney’s classic rides and one that a lot of people consider an attraction they have to experience every trip.
Some facts from Wikipedia:
- The original idea from Walt Disney had it named Space Port and there were four separate tracks
- Construction for the Disney World ride began in early 1974
- The ride officially opened in Disney World on January 15, 1975
- All of the Disney parks around the world have a Space Mountain, however it looks like Shanghai Disney is going to have the Tron ride instead of a Space Mountain.
- The first Space Mountain opened in Disney World, followed by Disneyland, then Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and finally Hong Kong Disneyland
Is Space Mountain on your list of must see attractions?
Thanks for reading!
Want to keep up with Disney news, get tips, and see more pictures of Disney World? Join the fun in our Facebook group and follow us on Instagram!
Need FREE help planning your trip? Contact me today at Dream Makers Travel Agency! Getting your tickets for the parks and special events, reserving your FastPasses, and making your dining reservations are all included in the planning.