Rumors have been going around that changes would be happening soon at Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom. However, Disney had not officially announced anything until today. So now we know what changes will soon happen at the popular restaurant.
Be Our Guest Restaurant is one of those places in Disney World that can be difficult to get a reservation. The ambiance of the restaurant is enough to have reservations completely booked all the time. It is themed after Beast’s castle and, of course, its name comes from the famous song “Be Our Guest” from the movie “Beauty and the Beast.”
So you have your dining reservations, your FastPasses, completed online check-in, and you have everything laid out so you know where you are supposed to be and when. Now what?
It’s not a surprise, but it’s nice to have official confirmation from Disney.
Be Our Guest Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom had been doing a test run for serving breakfast. It had been extended through October 3, but it was soon decided to just make it a permanent offering.
Here is an example of what you can find on the breakfast menu:
- A Selection of Pastries
- Eggs Florentine – Served in a puff pastry shell filled with scrambled eggs, cheese, and spinach. It is also served with country ham and roasted plum tomatoes.
- Croque Madame – This is a new item on the breakfast menu. It is an open-faced sandwich that has a fried egg, Gruyere cheese, and creamy béchamel on top. It is served with fresh fruit.
- Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich – Poached eggs, thick-cut Applewood bacon, Brie cheese, arugula, and tomatoes. Served on a toasted baguette.
- Assorted Cured Meats and Cheese
- Croissant Doughnut
Reservations for October 4 and beyond will open on August 5.
Thanks for reading!
Source: Disney Parks Blog
It’s official! Disney has finally announced that breakfast will be offered at Be Our Guest Restaurant (BOG) in Magic Kingdom! There have been rumors floating around for a long time, so this is welcome news.
The testing of the prix fixe breakfast will begin on March 20, from 8-10 a.m., and will continue daily through June 18. Like the lunch description at BOG, breakfast is also being called “fast casual.”
There will, of course, be a French touch to the menu choices. Some entree choices include:
- Assorted cured meat and cheese served with marmalade, fresh fruit and a toasted bagel
- Eggs Florentine served in a puff pastry shell with country ham and roasted plum tomatoes
- Open-face bacon-and-poached-egg sandwich with Brie
For those that would like to keep breakfast light, there are options as well:
- Srambled egg whites with roasted tomatoes, multigrain croissant and fresh fruit
- Vegetable quiche with mushroom, zucchini, bell pepper, onion and chive, served with seasonal fruit.
A selection of self-serve beverages will also be included.
Looking for something sweet to start the day? BOG breakfast will offer the Croissant Doughnut, which is a fried doughnut topped with banana caramel sauce, chocolate ganache and whipped cream. Go ahead, you’re on vacation!
There will also be a kids’ menu which will include:
- French toast with fresh fruit
- Scrambled eggs with Applewood bacon and fresh fruit
- Fruit crepes with yogurt
- Fresh fruit with a berry foam, cereal and oatmeal
BOG will start accepting breakfast reservations on March 17 for March 20 through June 18. The cost of the breakfast is $19.99 plus tax for adults and $11.99 plus tax for children ages 3-9 years.
You can make reservations online at Disneyworld.com/dine, through the My Disney Experience app, or by calling 407-WDW-Dine. The Disney Dining Plan will be accepted.
For the full post from Disney Parks Blog, click here.
(***UPDATE: The system seems to be up and working. So you should be okay to book lunch reservations)
Today was supposed to be the first day guests can book lunch reservations at the hugely popular Be Our Guest Restaurant. However, Disney seems to be having a problem accepting reservations.
I tried to make reservations for the farthest date possible. The response I got was that there was nothing available and below that it said that a problem occurred while looking for availability and to try again later.
My colleagues at Starts With a Wish Travel have also been trying to book reservations for clients all morning with no luck at getting through. At one point, it seemed that they had taken the lunch option down all together (it’s back now).
So, I guess we just keep trying. Hopefully, Disney will make an announcement as to how they are handling the problem. I’m sure they got slammed with requests once the option opened up and the system probably got overloaded. We’ll just have to wait and see, hoping that it gets fixed soon.