The Mobile Order feature on the My Disney Experience app is still a fairly new feature, but the list has grown a lot since it started on May 27. Three new locations have been added to the list. Two in Hollywood Studios and one in Magic Kingdom.
The list of restaurants available for mobile ordering keeps growing, so I assume it is going well. I love this idea and I’m excited to see if it cuts down on wait times the next time I am in Disney World.
Each park now has multiple restaurants on the Mobile Order list and there is one restaurant in Disney Springs that is on the list. The newest Magic Kingdom restaurant to be added is Casey’s Corner, the popular hot dog place on Main Street U.S.A. Over in Hollywood Studios, Fairfax Fare and Rosie’s All-American Cafe are now available for mobile ordering.
That brings the total locations available for Mobile Order in each park to: Magic Kingdom – 7, Epcot – 2, Hollywood Studios – 5, Animal Kingdom – 5, and Disney Springs – 1.
Mobile ordering has been an option since May 27. The feature started with one restaurant (Satu-li Canteen in Animal Kingdom) and has grown to have 20 restaurants on the list in less than five months. Hopefully this option will be made available to most, if not all, quick service locations on Disney World property.
As of right now, Disney is not accepting dining plan credits, discounts, or Disney gift cards through the Mobile Order feature. So if you need to use any of those forms of payment you will need to order and pay with a cashier at the restaurant. Payments through the app can only be made with a credit card.
How it Works
- Click Your Icon Picture (Mine is Daisy Duck)
- Click “Order Food”
- Pick Your Restaurant
- Pick Your Menu Items (Click Add to Add Items)
- Customize Your Order (if you want)
- Click “View My Order” When Ready to Purchase
- Click “Review Order Summary”
- Purchase Your Order
When you are ready to pick up your order just go back into the app and click “I’m Here, Prepare My Order” and they will start making your order. You will get notified when your order is ready. The restaurants have a separate line for Mobile Order purchases and there will be a sign that says “Mobile Order Pick Up.”
So you can order something while you are in line for a ride and not have to pick it up right away. That’s the really helpful thing about this feature, it allows you to order ahead of time and pick up when you are ready.
Here is the full list of restaurants available for Mobile Order:
- Magic Kingdom
- Aloha Isle (Adventureland)
- Casey’s Corner (Main Street U.S.A.)
- Columbia Harbour House (Liberty Square)
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (Tomorrowland)
- The Lunching Pad (Tomorrowland)
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe (Frontierland)
- Pinocchio Village Haus (Fantasyland)
- Electric Umbrella (Future World)
- Liberty Inn (World Showcase)
- Hollywood Studios
- ABC Commissary (Commissary Lane)
- Backlot Express (Echo Lake)
- Fairfax Fare (Sunset Boulevard)
- PizzeRizzo (Grand Avenue)
- Rosie’s All-American Cafe (Sunset Boulevard)
- Animal Kingdom
- Flame Tree Barbecue (Discovery Island)
- Harambe Market (Africa)
- Pizzafari (Discovery Island)
- Restaurantosaurus (Dinoland U.S.A.)
- Satu’li Canteen (Pandora – The World of Avatar)
- Disney Springs
- D-Luxe Burger (Town Center)
Guests can also find the full list on Disney’s website. If a quick service restaurant is available for mobile ordering, the app icon for ordering food will show below the restaurant’s description. Click the icon to get a list of all the participating restaurants.
Have you tried mobile ordering yet?
Thanks for reading!
I had issues with my first try this last week. I did just as you said and hadn’t hit the button that said I am here. But the order went through and while we were on the ride it notified us it was ready. When we got offf and went right to the mobile order station. We were notified via text that we had been charged since we didnt come to pick it up. The manager did redo our order and most of it was right there but still a bummer. I didnt use for the rest if the trip. Has anyone else had issues?
Oh no! Hopefully, if you decide to try it again it will be a better experience.
We used it three times last week and it worked like a charm. It definitely helped to avoid the long lines for odering.
Good to hear! Glad you had a good experience with it.