Today’s Picture of the Day comes from Disney Springs.
Disney Springs has lots to offer. There are lots of places to shop and dine, but there are quite a few entertainment options as well. One of those options is a helium balloon ride which takes guests 400 feet in the air above Disney Springs.
Characters in Flight is an 8 to 10 minute ride that gives guests a 360-degree view of Disney Springs. Views of theme parks and Disney hotels can be seen in the distance and you might even be able to see Spaceship Earth.
The helium balloon is hand-painted with different Disney characters. Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Aladdin, Princess Jasmine, Dumbo, Buzz Lightyear, and more decorate the helium balloon. The balloon was custom built by Aerophile S.A., a Paris based company. The basket can hold up to 29 people plus the pilot.
A few pieces of information to remember:
- The balloon will not fly if winds are more than 22 mph or if there is a storm.
- The balloon is tethered and will not fly higher than 400 feet in the air.
- Guests may not bags, food, drink, or strollers on the ride. Smoking is not permitted.
- No scooters are allowed, but guests can transfer to a wheelchair.
- Children under 9 must ride with an adult (18+).
- Adult: $18
- Child: $12
Here’s a little tip, keep an eye out for Groupon deals for Characters in Flight. I see them pop up often.
Have you ever experienced Characters in Flight?
Thanks for reading!
Need FREE help planning your trip? Contact me today at Dream Makers Travel Agency! Getting your tickets for the parks and special events, reserving your FastPasses, and making your dining reservations are all included in the planning.