This year the “Epcot International Food & Wine Festival” cookbook will be extra special.
According to Disney Parks Blog, not only will it have recipes from the festival, but it will have an additional 50 pages that will include the history, photos, and memories from the last 20 years of the event.
The cookbook will have recipes that go back to the start of the festival in 1996 and will include ones that represent the festival for each year. Some of the recipes in the book include apple strudel from Germany, spicy chicken sausage with polenta from Canada, the lobster roll from Hops & Barley, Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup, Belgian waffles with berry compote, and more.
Disney Parks Blog even gave a sample recipe from the book:
Pepper Bacon Mac and Cheese
Farm Fresh Marketplace
Pepper Bacon Macaroni
- 1 pound macaroni
- 8 slices pepper bacon
- 1/2 cup diced white onions
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 3 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound (4 cups) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound (1 cup) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 pound sliced American cheese
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 slices pepper bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For pepper bacon macaroni:
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook pepper bacon until crisp. Chop and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons of grease.
- Heat grease in a medium-skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add onion, green pepper, red pepper and jalapeño. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, until vegetables are warm, but still crisp. Set aside.
For cheese sauce:
- Heat cream in large saucepan over medium heat. When it begins to simmer, slowly stir in all of cheese, mixing well to melt cheese.
To assemble and serve:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cooked pasta, vegetables and cheese sauce in a large bowl.
- Pour into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and top with breadcrumbs. Bake 15 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions and bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
The Food & Wine Festival runs from September 25-November 16. Will you be looking for this cookbook?
Thanks for reading!