The Mobile Order feature on the My Disney Experience app has become a popular and widely used feature on the app. Later today the app will be getting an update and it will include a long awaited option for the Mobile Order feature.
The latest feature that will be added is the ability for guests to use their Disney Dining Plan credits towards orders placed through the Mobile Order feature. As of right now, the app still says it only accepts credit cards, but the update should be released later today, according to Disney. Once the update goes through, guests will be able to use dining credits towards orders made through the app.
Disney has been improving the My Disney Experience app quite a bit lately and this latest update is further improvement. Lots of guests use the Disney Dining Plan, so it was a little frustrating for those that wanted to use the Mobile Order feature, but couldn’t use their credits.
Check out Disney’s video to see how the update will work.
How it Works
- Click Your Icon Picture
- Click “Order Food”
- Pick Your Restaurant
- Pick Your Menu Items (Click Add to Add Items)
- Customize Your Order (if you want)
- Click “View My Order” When Ready to Purchase
- Click “Review Order Summary” (You will have the option to use Dining Plan credits or pay with a card)
- Purchase Your Order
When you are ready to pick up your order just go back into the app and click “I’m Here, Prepare My Order” and they will start making your order. You will get notified when your order is ready. The restaurants have a separate line for Mobile Order purchases and there will be a sign that says “Mobile Order Pick Up.”
So you can order something while you are in line for a ride and not have to pick it up right away. That’s the really helpful thing about this feature, it allows you to order ahead of time and pick up when you are ready.
Currently, Disney has 23 locations around Disney World property where mobile ordering is available.
Here is the full list of restaurants available for Mobile Order:
- Magic Kingdom
- Aloha Isle (Adventureland)
- Casey’s Corner (Main Street U.S.A.)
- Columbia Harbour House (Liberty Square)
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (Tomorrowland)
- The Lunching Pad (Tomorrowland)
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe (Frontierland)
- Pinocchio Village Haus (Fantasyland)
- Tomorrowland Terrace (Tomorrowland)
- Electric Umbrella (Future World)
- Liberty Inn (World Showcase)
- Sunshine Seasons (Future World)
- Hollywood Studios
- ABC Commissary (Commissary Lane)
- Backlot Express (Echo Lake)
- Catalina Eddie’s (Sunset Boulevard)
- Fairfax Fare (Sunset Boulevard)
- PizzeRizzo (Grand Avenue)
- Rosie’s All-American Cafe (Sunset Boulevard)
- Animal Kingdom
- Flame Tree Barbecue (Discovery Island)
- Harambe Market (Africa)
- Pizzafari (Discovery Island)
- Restaurantosaurus (Dinoland U.S.A.)
- Satu’li Canteen (Pandora – The World of Avatar)
- Disney Springs
- D-Luxe Burger (Town Center)
Guests can also find the full list on Disney’s website. If a quick service restaurant is available for mobile ordering, the app icon for ordering food will show below the restaurant’s description. Click the icon to get a list of all the participating restaurants.
As I said above, Disney will be releasing this update later today (1/31/2018). I’m not seeing an update yet, but will keep checking. I think this is a great option to be added to the Mobile Order feature!
Are you excited about the latest update?
Thanks for reading!