Hurricane Irma has already caused extensive damage in the Caribbean and is now headed for Florida. In anticipation of this and in order to keep guests safe, Disney has announced some closures and cancellations.
Here are all the updates so far for this weekend in Disney World:
- Night of Joy has been canceled for September 9, 2017. So far, tonight’s (9/8) performance will still take place. If you have tickets for Saturday Disney is inviting guests to use the Saturday tickets for tonight’s show. The tickets can be exchanged at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Box Office after 4 p.m. today. Guests can also ask for a full refund of the tickets for either Friday night or Saturday night and the refunds will be honored.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has been canceled for Sunday, September 10, 2017. Guests who have tickets for Sunday have a few options. They can:
- Exchange the tickets for another Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- Exchange the tickets for a Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Get a 1 Day Magic Your Way with Park Hopper Option (must be used within the next 2 years)
- Receive a refund for the tickets
- Blizzard Beach will be closed today (9/8) and tomorrow (9/9). However, Typhoon Lagoon will remain open.
- Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will be closed starting Saturday, September 9 at 2 p.m.
If any of these offers apply to your trip you can call 407-939-7818 by January 31, 2018. You can also email Disney at Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com.
Disney has also added a chat option, which shows in the upper right corner. Guests with concerns about the hurricane can use this chat option to get answers to their questions and concerns. Disney is keeping some updates available on their homepage as well, but you can get the full update on their Information on Hurricane Irma page to see all of the closures and cancellations.
We will keep you updated as Disney releases more information.
The important thing with this hurricane is to use your best judgement and to listen to authorities. We are keeping Flordia and everyone in the path of this destructive hurricane in our thoughts and hoping everyone stays safe. There will probably be a lot of clean up after this is over and we encourage everyone to help any way they can.
Stay safe Florida, we are thinking of you!
Thanks for reading!
My friend is going to Disney September 8 she said she might have to cancel it because of the hurricanes in Disney world