Our Countdown for Disney app has been around for a little while now. We’re always looking for ways to improve it and we welcome suggestions! We only ask that if there is an issue that we are contacted so we can help figure out the problem.
This has happened a few times, which is why I wanted to write a quick post about it. We have worked hard on the app and are happy that so many people find it useful. As I said above, we are always open to suggestions and feedback, because that’s what helps improve the app for everyone using it.
Sometimes there are issues and they are usually easily solved when the person emails me or Jay. Unfortunately, sometimes instead of contacting us people figure it’s just a bad app when it’s really something we can help them figure out.
Below is the latest review we received. It’s public, so anyone can read it, but I decided to keep the username out of the post. We can only assume what the problem is, because this person never emailed us to ask how to fix it. It sounds like they did not swipe right to find the menu which is where you enter your travel date and that is a super easy fix. We’re not mad, everyone is entitled to their opinion. It’s just disappointing, because we could have helped had they emailed us. And as a side note, the app is free with the option to do an in-app purchase for additional features.
So my point of writing this is just to remind everyone that Jay and I are more than happy to help with any issues you may encounter. We are usually able to figure out what the issue is pretty quickly and it’s usually an easy fix too.
Here are some FAQs:
- I purchased the full version, but I am still seeing ads. How do I get rid of the ads?
- When this happens, click Purchase and then Restore Purchase. Nine out of ten times that will fix the problem.
- I purchased the full version for my phone, but want to add the app to my iPad. Do I need to purchase the app again?
- No you don’t, as long as you are using the same account for your devices. If you download the app, click Purchase and then Restore Purchase the full version should also appear on your second device.
- I’ve tried clicking Restore Purchase and it’s not working. Is there another way to get rid of the ads?
- This happens sometimes and can be fixed by shutting the app down completely and reopening it. Or deleting it and adding it again (you will have to click Restore Purchase if you do this). This option also works when people say the badge number is not updating with the countdown days. Sometimes the phone just needs a refresh for the app.
- The weather is not showing the correct days. Why are the days off?
- With the Countdown for Disney app there are two sections for weather. There is a weather icon on the main screen that will tell you the current weather in Orlando and there is a Weather History option on the main menu. The Weather History option will show you what the weather was like for the previous year during the time you are traveling.
Again, these fixes usually work for the people that email us.
Thank you for downloading the app and, as always, thanks for reading!