Our Countdown for Disney app has been around for a little while now. We’re always looking for ways to improve it and we welcome suggestions! We only ask that if there is an issue that we are contacted so we can help figure out the problem.
This has happened a few times, which is why I wanted to write a quick post about it. We have worked hard on the app and are happy that so many people find it useful. As I said above, we are always open to suggestions and feedback, because that’s what helps improve the app for everyone using it.
Sometimes there are issues and they are usually easily solved when the person emails me or Jay. Unfortunately, sometimes instead of contacting us people figure it’s just a bad app when it’s really something we can help them figure out.
Below is the latest review we received. It’s public, so anyone can read it, but I decided to keep the username out of the post. We can only assume what the problem is, because this person never emailed us to ask how to fix it. It sounds like they did not swipe right to find the menu which is where you enter your travel date and that is a super easy fix. We’re not mad, everyone is entitled to their opinion. It’s just disappointing, because we could have helped had they emailed us. And as a side note, the app is free with the option to do an in-app purchase for additional features.
So my point of writing this is just to remind everyone that Jay and I are more than happy to help with any issues you may encounter. We are usually able to figure out what the issue is pretty quickly and it’s usually an easy fix too.
Here are some FAQs:
- I purchased the full version, but I am still seeing ads. How do I get rid of the ads?
- When this happens, click Purchase and then Restore Purchase. Nine out of ten times that will fix the problem.
- I purchased the full version for my phone, but want to add the app to my iPad. Do I need to purchase the app again?
- No you don’t, as long as you are using the same account for your devices. If you download the app, click Purchase and then Restore Purchase the full version should also appear on your second device.
- I’ve tried clicking Restore Purchase and it’s not working. Is there another way to get rid of the ads?
- This happens sometimes and can be fixed by shutting the app down completely and reopening it. Or deleting it and adding it again (you will have to click Restore Purchase if you do this). This option also works when people say the badge number is not updating with the countdown days. Sometimes the phone just needs a refresh for the app.
- The weather is not showing the correct days. Why are the days off?
- With the Countdown for Disney app there are two sections for weather. There is a weather icon on the main screen that will tell you the current weather in Orlando and there is a Weather History option on the main menu. The Weather History option will show you what the weather was like for the previous year during the time you are traveling.
Again, these fixes usually work for the people that email us.
If you experience any issues after downloading the app or if you have suggestions or feedback, please fee free to contact me or Jay. We are usually able to respond pretty fast.
Thank you for downloading the app and, as always, thanks for reading!
I just wanted to say what a great app you have!! I have used Disney Countdown for all 4 of our family trips! I check the news almost everyday. What a fun app! Thanks for giving us a lil Disney fun and good information.
Thank you so much for the kind words! I’m glad that you have found the app helpful for your trips. 🙂
I second the previous positive comment . All of my family members and I have this app downloaded for our daily fix of Disney and happy reminders of our upcoming vacation. I’ll add that we have never had any issue with it and it runs great! Sometimes it’s just the user and not the program.
Thank you for the kind words, Victoria! We appreciate it 🙂 I’m glad to hear that you have never had any issues. If there is ever anything you would like to see added to the app, please feel free to email suggestions to us. We’re always looking for ways to improve the user experience!
I love this app! It gives me my daily dose of Disney along with the countdown. Thank you so much for all your hard work to make the magic possible!
Thank you very much for your kind words! We’re happy that you like the app and find it useful. 🙂
I love the app. We can’t go that often to Disney World, so I love to read the news each day. I do plan to use it next time we go to plan our trip. Keep up the good work!
I’m glad you find reading the Disney news enjoyable! Thank you for downloading the app and for your very kind words about it. We do appreciate the feedback. 🙂
I echo the comments of the other users! I love the app & read almost all the Disney news postings. I like that you can choose from different backgrounds for the countdown. I have never had a problem with the app. I also wanted to add that when I have asked questions or made a comment it has always been responded to right away! Keep up the great work! I recommend your app whenever I meet a fellow Disney fan who hasn’t heard about it; that’s how I found it as well, through a recommendation from a Disney fan!
Thank you very much for your kind words about the app! The feedback is great and I hope you always feel free to contact us with any questions or suggestions about the app. Thanks for telling others about the app too, we really appreciate that!
Hope you are enjoying your weekend! 🙂