Last week I posted the above picture and asked for guesses as to where it is located. As always, there were some great guesses, but six people knew exactly where to find the propeller.
Congratulations to Jerry, Abby, Caroline, Robbie, Kathleen, and Phil, who all knew the propeller can be found at Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar in Disney Springs. This popular lounge is located in The Landing section of Disney Springs and serves up some fun drinks, as well as some bites to eat. Guests will also find lots of interesting decor that calls back to the character from Indiana Jones.
There are so many interesting things to see in Jock Lindsey’s, so it’s easy to miss things. If you have never been there then I would recommend sitting inside for your first visit so you can take in all the interesting things around you. It’s a really cool place to sit and enjoy a drink and some food.
Here’s the backstory from Disney’s website:
How did Indiana Jones’ barnstorming pilot Jock Lindsey end up in Disney Springs?
Fans of Raiders of the Lost Ark can’t forget Indy’s easygoing pilot Jock Lindsey—owner of a pet snake named Reggie—but how did Jock arrive here?
The two globetrotters stumbled on Disney Springs in 1938 while chasing down a mythology-based tip in central Florida. Attracted to the town’s natural springs and lush terrain, Jock bought some waterfront property and eventually settled down, piloting seaplane tours across the fast-growing Sunshine State.
Jock eventually built an airplane hangar, air tower and runway, and invited fellow members of The Society of Explorers and Adventurers to pay him a visit. His home base soon became a popular stopover and watering hole for world travelers and locals alike.
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar was born!
Today, thrill-seeking families cross borders and continents to soak up the rugged charm of this artifact-strewn hangar bar, with its spare airplane parts, salvaged equipment and dusty mementos of glory days gone by.
If you’re hungry, but don’t want to do a full table service restaurant, this is a good place to try. They have appetizers as well as full entrees. So you can snack while you are here or have a full meal.
Happy Hour Appetizers (Available Mon. – Fri., 12pm – 3 pm)
- Air Pirate’s Pretzels
- Doctor Astorga’s Queso Fundido
- Snakebite Sliders
- Doctor Astorga’s Queso Fundido
- Club Obi Wan Chicken Wings
- Air Pirate’s Cargo Loaded Pretzel
- Dr. Forrestal’s Churrasco
- Chicken on the Egg
- Peruvian Potato Croquettes
- Vegetabe Pakora
- Tuna Poke Tacos
- Adobo Chicken Tacos
- Tacos Al Pastor
- Berbere Flank Steak
- Medjoul Date and Manchego Cheese Flatbread
- Margherita Flatbread
Signature Libations (Non-Alcoholic)
- Antidote – Sprite and Maraschino Cherry Juice
- Diving Bell – Simply Lemonade and Watermelon
- Poisonless Dart – Soda Water with Mint, Simple Syrup, and Fresh Lime Juice
- Teddy’s Tea – Green Tea with Mint and Tangerine
In addition to the non-alcoholic drinks there are also signature drinks (alcoholic), bottled beer & hard cider, draft beers, white wines, red and rose wines, dessert wines, and flights.
Signature Libations (Alcoholic) Include:
- Air Pirate’s Mule – Knob Creek Disney Select Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon and fresh Lime Juice topped with Fever-Tree Ginger Beer
- Reggie’s Revenge – Florida Cane ‘Orlando Orange’ Vodka, Midori Melon Liqueur, White Cranberry Juice, and fresh Lime Juice
- The Scottish Professor – Monkey Shoulder Blended malt Scotch Whiskey, Hendrick’s Gin, Pear Nectar, Simple Syrup, and fresh Lemon Juice
- Wrong Island! – Siesta Key Silver Rum, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, St. Augustine Gin, Tippler’s Orange Liqueur, and Sweet-and-Sour with a splash of Coca-Cola®
- and more!
The decor is definitely unique and Jock Lindsey’s is a great place to go when you are looking for a fun lounge experience. The theme of this lounge is carried inside and out. Check it out the next time you are in Disney Springs!
Congratulations again to everyone who knew where to find the propeller and thanks to everyone who played along! Another Where is it Wednesday picture will be up soon.
Have you ever been to Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar?
Thanks for reading!