Other than the “It’s not worth it to take little kids to Disney, because they won’t remember it” statement, there is one more common statement I don’t agree with either. For some reason people seem to think Epcot is just for adults and that kids will be bored. That could not be farther from the truth and I will tell you why.
Epcot has come a long way since it first opened. There are now a bunch of things for kids to do throughout the park. Between rides, character meet and greets, restaurants, and other activities geared towards kids, you might actually want to plan two days to visit Epcot!
Here is a list of things kids of all ages can enjoy in Epcot:
- Advanced Training Lab– An interactive area where kids of all ages can take part in a Space Race, explore Mars, make a video postcard, and more.
- Coral Reefs-Disney Animals– Here you can see Disney’s artificial Caribbean coral reef along with the sea life that live in the reef.
- Disney Phineas and Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure– A fun adventure that takes kids around the World Showcase and they even get an interactive handheld device that guides them on the mission!
- Gran Fiesta Starring The Three Caballeros– A fun ride in the Mexico Pavilion that stars Donald Duck. Your boat ride will take you on a search for Donald while enjoying some of the beautiful sights from Mexico.
- ImageWorks-The “What If” Labs– This fun interactive area is located with Journey Into Imagination with Figment after the ride. They have lots of fun areas like the “Stepping Stones”, make your own Figment, be a conductor with Figment’s Melody Maker, and more! Lots for the kids to do!
- INNOVENTIONS– Another area with lots of interactive experiences. You can test your skills of keeping everyone safe in a perfect storm, design your own thrill ride, and more.
- Journey Into Imagination with Figment– A nice slow moving ride with Figment and Dr. Nigel Channing (Eric Idle).
- Kidcot Fun Stops – Kids get to collect stamps and create their own souvenirs at the 11 stops around the World Showcase.
- Living with the Land– This is a boat ride through the greenhouses in The Land Pavilion. It’s not the most exciting ride, but the kids usually enjoy riding on a boat.
- Project Tomorrow: Inventing the Wonders of the Future– Another fun interactive area for kids of all ages. They have a driving simulation game, a 3-D interactive game, and more. You will find this area after riding Spaceship Earth.
- SeaBase– This is where you will find The Seas with Nemo and Friends, the Caribbean Coral Reef Aquarium, Bruce’s Shark World, and more.
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends– This is a great ride for little kids. You board your “clamobile” and help Dory and Marlin on their search for Nemo through a real aquarium. It’s pretty cool to see the animated characters mixed with the real sea life.
- Spaceship Earth– This is a classic ride that is great for everyone. It’s a slow moving ride and it takes your from the Stone Age to the computer age. Just head for the big golf ball.
- Turtle Talk With Crush– This is great for people of all ages. Even those without kids. The technology is pretty cool. Kids sit in the front on the floor and the adults sit on the seats or stand in the back. They call Crush and he appears on the big screen to answer questions the kids ask.
Entertainment– These are fun shows and character meet & greets in both Future World and the World Showcase
- Future World Entertainment and Meet & Greets
- World Show Case Entertainment and Meet & Greets
- American Music Machine
- B’net Al Houwariyate
- British Revolution
- Canadian Lumberjacks
- Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
- Jeweled Dragon Acrobats
- Mariachi Cobre
- Meet Aladdin & Jasmine in Morocco
- Meet a Wonderland Friend in the United Kingdom
- Meet Belle in France
- Meet Donald Duck in Mexico
- Meet Duffy the Disney Bear near Showcase Plaza
- Meet Mary Poppins in the United Kingdom
- Meet Mulan in China
- Meet Princess Aurora in France
- Meet Snow White in Germany
- Meet Winnie the Pooh & Friends in the United Kingdom
- Paul McKenna Band
- Sbandieratori Di Sansepolcro
- Serveur Amusant
- Voices of Liberty
So as you can see, there is plenty to keep the kids entertained while you are in Epcot. It’s a great park (my favorite!) and it would be a shame to skip it just because you have little ones. Epcot is a great time for everyone!
Thanks for reading!