This rumor surfaces every year, but this year the rumors seemed have more credibility. Still, I wanted to wait to hear something directly from Disney and, unfortunately, we now know this is true.
Disney has announced that they will start charging guests for overnight self-parking. This means that guests who are staying at a Disney Resort hotel with their car will now have to pay a per night fee to park their car at the hotel.
This is creating an uproar on social media this morning, because we are all so used to the parking being complimentary. From what I understand though, other hotels in the area (including Universal) already charge for overnight self-parking. Still, people are upset and it’s understandable. This is another thing that people who drive to Disney will have to factor in to their vacation budget.
Here are the pricing details for overnight parking:
- Value Resorts: $13 per night
- Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
- Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
- Valet Parking for Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $33 per night
- Parking at the campsites is still complimentary for one motorized vehicle.
- Disney Vacation Club Members who are staying on points will not be charged to park.
- Guests visiting resorts for the day for shopping, dining, etc. can still enjoy complimentary parking.
This new pricing will go into effect for reservations made March 21, 2018 and after. The fees will be added to the payment when guests are checking out of their hotel.
For a lot of people, driving is a less expensive option than flying to Disney, but if they plan a long vacation then those parking fees will add up. Given that other hotels charge parking fees, what are your thoughts on Disney making this change?
Thanks for reading!