This week’s snackshot brings us to Gaston’s Tavern in Magic Kingdom.
This quick service pizza place opened last fall in Hollywood Studios. It is in the same location that housed the Toy Story themed pizza place, Pizza Planet.
Disney Springs, is a fun place to go to hang out for a day and do some shopping. You will probably want to grab some food at some point and there are a lot of choices.
Downtown Disney, soon to be Disney Springs, is a fun place to go to hang out for a day and do some shopping. You will probably want to grab some food at some point and there are a lot of choices in Downtown Disney.
A lot of vacation time can be spent not only in the parks, but also touring the different resort hotels that Disney has on property. The hotels are all themed and they are fun to explore.
There are quick service restaurants all over Disney property and that includes the resort hotels. So, here is a list of the quick service options for the monorail resorts. These are helpful to know about if you are touring the resorts or if you spend any time at one of the hotels for activities.
We’ll start with the Contemporary and work our way around the monorail loop.
- Contempo Cafe– For breakfast you can find things like Mickey waffles, French toast, breakfast burritos, pastries, bagels, and more, as well as a selection of drinks (including coffee). For lunch and dinner they have flatbreads, pasta, sandwiches, burgers, and more, as well as a selection of drinks (including alcoholic beverages). They also serve kids’ meals. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Contemporary Grounds– Find breakfast sandwiches, pastries, cookies, coffee, tea, lattes, frozen drinks, iced tea, and hot chocolate at this location. Open from 5:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Cover Bar – This is only for Disney Vacation Club members and guests who are staying at Bay Lake Tower. The pool bar serves sushi, wraps, hot dogs, hummus, salads, shrimp cocktail, fruit, vegetables with Ranch, chips, Mickey Pretzels, nachos, and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. They also serve Mickey Check Meals and kids’ meals. Open from late morning until around 7 p.m.
- The Sand Bar– This is the pool bar for the Contemporary. Here you will find burgers, pitas, salads, hot dogs, quesadillas, wraps, fruits, vegetables, Mickey Pretzels, cookies, carnitas, chips, hummus, some gluten-free snacks, desserts, and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. They also serve kids’ meals and Mickey Check Meals. Open from late morning until early evening.
The Polynesian Village Resort
- Barefoot Pool Bar– This is for those that are staying at the Poly. You can find specialty drinks, non-alcoholic specialty drinks, beer, wine, and Sangria at this location.
- Cook’s– For breakfast you will can get breakfast platters, breakfast sandwiches, breakfast burritos, Mickey waffles, Tonga Toast, pastries, and more. For lunch and dinner they have sandwiches, burgers, Thai Coconut Meatballs, salads, lobster rolls, hot dogs, chicken and waffles, fish tacos, flatbreads, pastries, and more. Late-night dining is also available. A selection of beverages, including alcoholic beverages, is available throughout the day. They also have Mickey Check Meals and kids’ meals. Open 24 hours.
- Pineapple Lanai – At the Poly and looking for a Dole Whip? Look no further! Not only will you find a Dole Whip here, but they also have Pineapple Floats and bottled water. Open from 10 a.m. until 11 p.m.
Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
- Beaches Pool Bar and Grill– This is a pool bar at the Grand Floridian. You will find sushi, fruit, sandwiches, burgers, salads, chicken nuggets, Florida Escabeche, desserts, non-alcoholic beverages, specialty drinks, frozen drinks, wine, Sangria, and beer at this location. They also have Mickey Check Meals and kids’ meals. Open from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Courtyard Pool Bar– Another pool bar at the Grand Floridian. Flatbreads, sandwiches, burgers, salads, specialty drinks, non-alcoholic drinks, frozen drinks, wine, beer, and Sangria can all be found here. They also have Mickey Check Meals and kids’ meals. Open from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Gasparilla Island Grill– For breakfast you will find breakfast platters, breakfast sandwiches, Mickey waffles, oatmeal, pancakes, pastries, grits, and drinks (including cappuccino and espresso). For lunch and dinner they offer sandwiches, salads (including create-your-own), burgers, flatbreads, chicken nuggets, Paninis, soup, desserts, and drinks. They also have kids’ meals. Late night dining is available with a limited menu. Open 24 hours 7 days a week.
So there you go! Those are the quick service locations at the monorail resorts. Hope you find this helpful!
Thanks for reading!
Sometimes you just want to grab a quick bite to eat while you are in the parks. So, in this series we’ll explore quick service options in the parks.
Disney Parks Blog posted some quick service suggestions for breakfast, so you don’t have to worry about reservations. Some of the suggestions sound pretty good!
Here is what they put on their list:
- Maple Waffle Breakfast Cone (Boardwalk Bakery) – this is scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese in a waffle cone. I think it’s pretty unanimous with everyone in my traveling party that we need to try this.
- Pop-Tarts Breakfast Sandwich (Everything POP Shopping and Dining) – Not so sure about this one. It’s a bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich served on a strawberry Pop-Tart.
- Breakfast Flatbread (Artist’s Palette) – This sounds pretty good! It’s scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, crumbled bacon, and cheese on top of a flatbread.
- Breakfast Panini (Sunshine Seasons) – This is eggs, bacon, roast pork, and cheese on a pressed panini. Breakfast potatoes come with this. It doesn’t sound bad, it sounds like a fancy breakfast sandwich.
- Vegetarian Breakfast Sandwich (Landscape of Flavors) – This is cauliflower, spinach, and paneer cheese served on naan bread. Not sure if I would like this, though I do enjoy naan bread.
The breakfast cone has made the list of new items to try during our trip. The list is getting longer by the day, especially since we are going during Food and Wine Festival! Do you keep a list of new foods you would like to try on your next Disney trip?
Thanks for reading!
Source: Disney Parks Blog