Disney World’s newest restaurant, Roundup Rodeo BBQ, is scheduled to open on March 23, which is just over a month. Today the reservation system opened up bookings for this new restaurant.
There seemed to be some glitchy behavior with the reservation system this morning, but it looks like it’s now open and ready to go. So guests who are within their 60 day reservation window can look at booking this restaurant for their Hollywood Studios day.
There’s been a lot of excitement over this table service restaurant opening. One of the nice things is that it is indoors, which may sound strange, but in the Toy Story Land area there isn’t a lot of shaded area. So this indoor restaurant gives guests in the area a chance to get a break from the sun and heat, and get into the shade and air conditioning.
The restaurant is located right by the big Woody statue that welcomes you into the land when you are coming from the Animation Courtyard area. Last time I was in Disney I checked out the location, and although there wasn’t a lot that was visible, you can see the top of the restaurant. As with the rest of the land, the restaurant is designed to look as though Andy created this spot for his toys, and guests are supposed to feel as though they are the size of a toy when visiting.
The menu at Roundup Rodeo BBQ will be served family style, which means it will be shared by the table. There’s bread service, salad, entree platters, and sides that will be brought for everyone to share. The dessert menu allows guests to each pick something, so that course is not shared.
Roundup Rodeo BBQ Menu
- The Prospector’s Homemade Cheddar Biscuits with Sweet Pepper Jelly
Salads (The Table Gets to Try All Three Salads)
- Rootin’ Tootin Tomato Salad – Cucumbers, pickled red onion, white balsamic vinaigrette (plant-based)
- Rex’s Romaine and Kale Salad – Apples, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, Green Goddess Dressing
- Wheezy’s Watermelon Salad – Watermelon and fresh-torn mint
Entrees (Choose One for the Table)
- House-smoked Platter – Evil Dr. Smoked Ribs, Buttercup’s Beef Brisket, There’s a Sausage in my Boot – Fire-grilled Pork Sausage, BBQ Chicken
- Trixie’s Plant-based Trio – Combat Carloflower with Harissa Drizzle, walnut gremolata, scrumptious bratwurst, and Rip Roarin’ Rib Chop
Sides (Pick 4 for the Table)
- Mean Old Potato Salad
- The Married Spuds (Loaded Potato Barrels)
- Veggie Slaw
- Force Field Fried Pickles
- Campfire-roasted Vegetables (Plant-based)
- Slinky Doooooooooog’s Mac & Cheese
- Buckin’ Baked Beans (Plant-based)
- Cowpoke Corn on the Cob – Grilled Street Corn
Chuckwagon Desserts (Each Guest Picks One)
- Bo’s Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake
- Goat’s Apple Pie
- Cupcake a la Forky – Gooey chocolate cake, graham cracker, buttercream, sugar cookie
- Billy’s Chocolate Silk Pie
- Gruff’s Peach-Strawberry Pie (Plant-based)
Drinks (Included in Meal Price)
- Assorted Fountain Drinks
- Kids’ Picks – Small lowfat milk or small Dasani bottled water
- Freshly Brewed Iced Tea – Unsweetened Iced Teah, Sweet Iced Tea, or Peach Iced Tea
Drinks with Alcohol (Additional Cost)
- Grown-up’s Peanut Butter & Jelly – Frozen Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey, Minute Maid Vanilla Smoothie Mix, Grape Jelly
- The Rodeo Mule – Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Lime Juice, Cane Sugar, Fever-Tree Ginger Beer
- Whinnyin’ Whiskey Lemonade – Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Aperol Liqueur, Strawberry Puree, Lemonade, Basil
- Snake Eye Margarita – Teremana Blanco Tequila, Watermelon Juice, Lime Juice, Agave, Smoked Chili Bitters
- Grown-up’s Iced Chocolate Rum – SelvaRey Chocolate Rum, RumChata Liqueur, Chocolate, Toasted Marshmallow
- Rattler Rum Punch – Bacardi Superior Rum, Orange-Pineapple Juice, Lime, and Passionfruit, garnished with a Sweet-and-Spicy Rim
Lil’ Rider Refreshments (Additional Cost)
- Molly’s Frozen Iced Tea – Frosty blend of Iced Tea and Citrus Flavors
- Partysaurus Tex – Minute Maid Premium Lemonade and Strawberry Puree, garnished with Gummy Worms
- Frozen Cowpoke Cocoa – Frozen Cocoa and Minute Main Vanilla Smoothie topped with Mini Marshmallows
Beer, hard cider, and wine are also available for an extra cost, in addition to the above menu items.
Roundup Rodeo BBQ opens March 23, serving both lunch and dinner. The cost for both meals will be the same, $45 per adult and $25 per child (ages 3-9). If you are within your 60 dining reservation window you can check to see if you can grab a reservation time during your stay. As with any new restaurant, reservations will be in high demand for a while. However, now that reservations do not have to be cancelled until 2 hours before the reservation time, guests may have a better chance at grabbing same day reservations.
Are you excited to try this new dining experience in Hollywood Studios?
Thanks for reading!