Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will be starting soon and lots of people are getting their costumes ready for the party. Just keep in mind that there are guidelines for costumes.
Disney is always updating policies and guidelines in an effort to keep guests comfortable and safe. Sometimes it may seem like they are going overboard, but they also have to make sure they, as a company, are covered.
So it’s always a good idea to check guidelines, especially when you are attending a special event. The last thing you want is to get to the party and be turned away because of your costume. The Halloween party is a lot of fun and you won’t want to miss it!
Disney has a list of all the guidelines for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party on their website. Here are a few examples from that list:
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
For guests 14 and older:
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length Princess dresses)
- May not wear masks of any kind.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
If you have any questions about your costume I would definitely refer to the full list on Disney’s website and/or call Disney directly with any questions. The Cast Members are always helpful and if the person you speak to doesn’t have the answer, they will find someone who does.
As I said earlier, it’s better to read up on the guidelines and know what is approved, instead of getting turned away at the gate. I’m pretty sure violations of costume guidelines would not be a valid reason to get your money back for your Halloween ticket, so you would be out some money too.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will start on September 2 and will happen on select nights throughout the Halloween season.
Are you planning to attend Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party this year?
As always, thanks for reading!
Need FREE help planning your trip? Contact Dream Makers Travel Agency today! Getting your tickets for the parks and special events, reserving your FastPasses, and making your dining reservations are all included in the planning.