Animal Kingdom has a lot to offer. Between the animals, the attractions, the shows, the food, and the shopping, there is quite a bit to keep guests busy during their visit. Now, there is another option for food.
According to Disney Parks Blog, Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks is now open. It’s a quick service option and is located near Expedition Everest. The menu has a variety of options, so most people should be able to find something to eat.
Like everything in Disney, there is a theme for this new quick service location. Disney says:
Originally the home for a popular Sherpa family, mementos have been tacked on the walls by travelers, but the rest of the décor is sparse and functional aside from the stable tack.
Enjoy healthful snacks & more at Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks at Disney’s Animal Kingdom: https://t.co/xknL3ekTtX
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) December 22, 2015
Here is a sample of what you will find on the menu at Trek Snacks:
- Fresh Fruit
- Crudité and Hummus
- Edamame and Asian Noodle Salad
- Smoked Turkey Sandwich
- Bahn Mi – Roasted pork with pickled vegetables, cilantro, and sriracha dressing on top.
- Som Tam – Thai shrimp, green papaya salad, crushed peanuts, and chilis.
- Various Desserts
Thirsty River Bar has some specialty cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks like:
- Khumbu Icefall – This is guava rum blended with coconut and raspberry puree.
- Himalayan Ghost – This is Snow Leopard vodka, guava, and Odwalla lemonade.
- Durbar Margarita
- Flying Yak (non-alcoholic) – Mango puree blended with coconut water and pineapple juice.
- Pink Lotus (non-alcoholic) – Strawberry puree, lychee, and Odwalla lemonade.
I know this will be on our list of places to try for the next trip. How about you?
Thanks for reading!