The After Hours events at the parks in Disney World are popular due to the short/nonexistent wait times for the rides. Plus, there are certain foods and drinks that are complimentary with an event ticket. Adding to the fun, Disney tried out some Villains After Hours events in Magic Kingdom and it was a hit, so they have decided to add more dates.
Beginning in February 2020 the event will take place on 24 select nights. During these events guests get to experience shorter wait times (with a lot of rides being walk-on), special shows, complimentary food and beverages, and more. If you purchase a ticket for this event you don’t have to purchase a regular theme park ticket. The After Hours tickets permit entry to the park at 7 p.m., so you can see the fireworks before the event starts.
What to Expect at the Disney Villains After Hours Event
- “Villains Unite the Night” – A stage show with Hades and Meg (“Hercules”) setting the castle stage ablaze. The show also includes appearances from Jafar, The Queen, Dr. Facilier, and Maleficent.
- Maleficent the Dragon will be creeping around the park during the party, giving guests an experience they can only get at the After Hours event.
- During the party the Cinderella Castle Forecourt stage will be host to a dance party with a DJ.
- There will be villain-inspired additions to Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain.
- Specialty food and drinks will be available for purchase.
- Exclusive merchandise will also be available for purchase.
- Access to over 25 attractions with lower wait times during the party.
Events taking place from 9:00 PM to 12:00 AM:
- February 7 and 21, 2020
- March 6, 2020
Events taking place from 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM:
- February 14 and 28, 2020
- March 11, 18, and 27, 2020
- April 3, 10, 17, and 24, 2020
- May 1, 8, 14, 22, and 29, 2020
- June 5, 12, 19, 26, and 29, 2020
- July 6 and 10, 2020
- Purchased in Advance: $145 plus tax
- Purchased the Day of the Event: $155 plus tax
- Annual Passholders: $115 plus tax
- Disney Vacation Club Members: $115 plus tax
- Guests with party tickets may enter the park at 7 p.m., no regular theme park admission needed.
- Select complimentary snacks and drinks will be available during the party. They will have carts opened throughout the park serving the complimentary drinks, popcorn, and ice cream.
- Please note that this event does not include character greetings.
The After Hours events are really fun and a great way to get in a lot of ride time. Adding the Disney Villain theme to the party just adds to the fun. Tickets are on sale now and are limited, so don’t wait to get your tickets!
Have you been to a Disney After Hours event?
Thanks for reading!