The runDisney races have become very popular over the years. Many sell out the same day that registration opens, but that’s not surprising considering that they are Disney races.
To add to the magic of the runDisney races, now Disney has released specially designed MagicBands for the 2020 events. So far, three race weekends are offering these limited edition MagicBands.
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend (2020) – Limited Edition size 2,000
- Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend (2020) – Limited Edition size 1,000
- Star Wars Rival Run Weekend (2020) – Limited Edition size 1,000 (This one is not available yet. It will be available when registration opens on July, 16, 2019)
The MagicBands are designed to the theme of each of the race weekends.
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend MagicBand – A blue band with the name of the race with a picture of Mickey running on one side and the park icons on the other side.
- Princess Half Marathon Weekend MagicBand -A lavender band with Cinderella on one side and on the other side is Pocahontas and Moana. The fairies from Sleeping Beauty (Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather) are on this MagicBand, as well.
Add a little extra #runDisney magic to your @WaltDisneyWorld vacation with new Limited Edition Event MagicBands! Learn more:
— runDisney (@runDisney) July 5, 2019
Each limited edition MagicBand costs $34.99 plus tax and race participants can purchase the bands using the Products tab on their runDisney account. In order to purchase one of the bands, guests must be registered for the race. The runDisney MagicBands can link to your My Disney Experience account and can be used like any other MagicBand.
If you are running one of the races offering a limited edition MagicBand you can log on and see the design offered for your race. Since quantities are limited, I wouldn’t wait to order if you want the MagicBand.
Are you running a runDisney race next year?
Thanks for reading!