This week’s featured photo takes us to the California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
During the most recent trip to Disney World, my friend Maureen and I lucked into a last minute reservation for California Grill. She had never been to the restaurant and I hadn’t been in almost four years, so we were pretty excited to get the reservation.
The California Grill is located on the 15th floor of the Contemporary Resort and the floor-to-ceiling windows give guests beautiful views of Magic Kingdom. Plus, when you dine in the restaurant you are given access to their observation deck to watch the fireworks. It’s a great view of the fireworks show and perfect for people who don’t like watching fireworks in a crowd. Disney even pipes in the narration from the show!
The picture for this week shows the lounge at the California Grill. Guests are welcome to sit here while waiting for their table and enjoy a drink. There are over 300 wines to choose from, with over 50 being available by the glass. To the right, just outside of the picture, there are also tables and chairs in the lounge area. The tables usually have menus you can look at while waiting for your table. Even if you don’t have dinner reservations, you can come to the lounge for some drinks.
More Info for the California Grill
- Seating is first-come, first-seated.
- Dining plans are accepted.
- Dinner is the only meal served, with the exception of Sunday brunch.
- The dress code is as follows:
- Men may wear khakis, slacks, jeans or dress shorts and collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.
- Women may wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses, jeans or dress shorts.
- Not permitted are tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.
I’ll write up a more detailed review of the California Grill soon. However, I will say that if you have never been to California Grill I recommend getting some reservations or visiting the lounge. The restaurant is beautiful, the views are fantastic, and the food is delicious!
Have you ever been to the California Grill?
Thanks for reading!