We are very close to an opening date for Planet Hollywood Observatory. Guests can now make reservations for the redesigned restaurant as early as February 1!
Planet Hollywood Observatory is still listed as opening in “Early 2017,” so a February 1 opening would certainly count as an early 2017 opening. If you are going to be in Disney World in a couple of weeks, and are interested in the redesign of this restaurant, I wouldn’t wait to make reservations.
Not only are people excited about the redesign, but they are also getting very excited about the menu. I have to say, it does sound good. The restaurant will be open for lunch and dinner, and there is plenty of food to choose from on the menu. Here are some of the things you can expect to see:
- Texas Tostados: Crispy gyoza skins that come with BBQ chicken, sautéed onions, cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, pico de gallo, and it is drizzled with sour cream and BBQ sauce.
- Hummus Trio: This comes with roasted red pepper and black bean hummus, edamame hummus, and roasted garlic hummus. It is served with toasted herb flatbread.
- Spinach & Berries: Served with baby spinach, fresh blueberries and strawberries, candied walnuts, blue cheese crumbles, and balsamic vinaigrette.
- Hollywood Bowl: Served with romaine lettuce tossed with Thousand Island dressing, house-roasted turkey breast, bacon, Swiss, hard-boiled egg, avocado, Roma tomato, cucumber, and croutons.
- Burgers and Sandwiches
- Bacon Mac-n-Cheese: Served with applewood-smoked bacon, six cheese mac-n-cheese cheddar, LTOP, onion straws, and donkey sauce. Served on a garlic-buttered brioche bun.
- Cajun Chicken: Served with chicken breast dry rubbed with Cajun spices, pickles, onion, tomato, slaw, and donkey sauce on a garlic-buttered ciabatta bun.
That is a very quick glimpse of what you will see on the full menu. There are lots of delicious sounding items and don’t forget to leave room for dessert! The list of desserts sound really good and some are definitely big enough to share with people at the table. The Planet Meltdown and Brownie Sundae Martini sound interesting and yummy.
If you are up for a challenge you should try their Ice Cream and Gelato Challenge. If you are able to identify 12 mystery ice cream and gelato flavors you get a prize. Fun! The cost for the challenge is $15.99.
Guests will also be about the hang out at the Stargazers Bar. This is an outdoor patio that overlooks Disney Springs Town Center where live music will be played and Florida craft beers will be available. Those looking for an artisanal cocktail can head to Upper Bar. Add in the nightly DJ and this is sounding like a pretty fun place to hang out in Disney Springs.
Though we are still waiting for the “official word” it does seem that Planet Hollywood Observatory will be opening very soon. Let’s hope that Paddlefish is not far behind.
Are you excited to see the redesigned Planet Hollywood Observatory?
Thanks for reading!
Need FREE help booking your trip? Contact Dream Makers Travel Agency today! Getting your tickets for the parks and special events, reserving your FastPasses, and making your dining reservations are all included in the planning.