Main Street Wishes, along with our friends at Bit3 Computing, have created a fun and helpful countdown app for your Disney World trip. It’s call Countdown for Disney. Just look for the light blue icon of the family watching fireworks.
Right now the app is only available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
You can download it for free and make the in app purchase for additional features, if you wish.
Ad supported features:
- Set your countdown date for your trip
- Choice of 15 different Disney World backgrounds
- Add your own pictures
- Delete pictures
- Ability to randomize the background pictures
- Today widget
- A 7 day forecast of the weather at Disney World with radar image map
- A 16 day historical forecast of the weather starting from your trip date for the previous year
- A slideshow option to display the background images
- Select image refresh rate and which images are used in the slideshow
- Option to turn off countdown widget during slideshow
- Disney News feed from mainstreetwishes.com
- Share your countdown image to popular social sites
- Today Widget (does not require app to run in the background)
Full Version features:
- All Ad supported features
- No Ad Bar
- Customize the size, color, and location of the Countdown Widget
- Crop and Size Images when adding to the app
- Tips for Disney
- Planning Notifications
- Notification count alert on the main screen
- Notifications page shows received and pending notifications
- Add Number of Days to Icon Badge (requires opening app at least once every 50 days)
- Notifications on the Today Widget
- Hide Menu on main screen
- When most major airlines have scheduled flights
- When we recommend you purchase airline tickets
- When you can start making dining reservations
- When you can start selecting your FastPasses
- When you can begin online check-in
- Time left to customize your MagicBands
- As your trip approaches
All the pictures that are available for the background were taken by Main Street Wishes and there are even pictures of things that have disappeared from Disney World. We have pictures of the Sorcerer’s Hat, Mickey’s house in Toontown (now New Fantasyland), and the waterfall that used to be in the lobby of the Polynesian available as background choices.
You can use this app for a trip that you have already booked or even for a trip you are just dreaming about at the moment. Either way it’s fun to have a Disney countdown on your phone!
If you’re like me, you love to look at Disney pictures and that’s why I have mine set to randomize Another suggestion for a background photo is you can take a picture of yourself or your kids in your favorite Disney gear. That would be a fun background picture!
Here is the link for the app: https://appsto.re/us/Swz84.i
I hope you enjoy it and it adds to the fun of your countdown to your next trip! Suggestions are always welcome, so if there is something you would like to see available in another version let us know in the comments or you can send either of us an email:
I hope you enjoy the app!
Need FREE help planning your trip? Contact me today at Dream Makers Travel Agency! Getting your tickets for the parks and special events, reserving your FastPasses, and making your dining reservations are all included in the planning.