Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer, has posted on Disney Parks Blog some details about the new lounge at the Polynesian Village Resort, Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto.
This is one of the additions to the Polynesian Village Resort that a lot of people have been waiting for. This will be an East Coast version of Disneyland’s Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar. So there will be some similarities, but there will also be a lot of unique details to Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto.
Some of the drinks that were created for Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto:
- Polynesian Pearl
- Castaway Crush
- Tahitian Torch
- Dark and Tropical Stormy
There are also some drinks that will be included on the menu from Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar:
- Shrunken Zombie Head
For those that prefer non-alcoholic drinks:
- Schweitzer Fall
- Skipper Sipper
- Polynesian Punch
There will also be a bar menu:
- Chicken lettuce cups with hoisin ginger sauce (from Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar)
- Hawaiian poke with Sriracha aioli and wonton chips (from Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar)
- Kalua pork tacos with shredded cabbage and pickled vegetables (new)
- Pan-fried dumplings with soy-sesame dipping sauce (new)
- Roasted chicken and port pate banh mi sliders with pickled vegetables (new)
- Salmon oshizushi (press sushi) (new)
- Corn-battered Portuguese sausages with curry ketchup and a Headhunter Sushi Roll (new)
The lounge is located off the lobby of the Polynesian Village Resort. There are 50 seats available in the lounge and 82 on the patio. The patio has views of the marina and Seven Seas Lagoon.
There is a soft opening on March 28 with the official opening date sometime in late April, we will keep you updated when the official date is announced. No reservations are required for Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto.
Source: Disney Parks Blog