Last week I posted the above picture and asked for guesses as to where it is located. There were some great guesses and five of you knew exactly where to find it.
Congratulations to Dean, Steve, Doug, Dennis, and Lee who all knew that the fountain can be found in the Germany Pavilion at Epcot. The fountain is in the middle of the pavilion, so it’s one of the first things guests see as they approach the pavilion. On top of the fountain is St. George and the Dragon, which is inspired by the statue in the medieval Bavarian town of Rothenburg ob der Tauber (source: Wikipedia).
The Germany Pavilion has lots of great details in the buildings and decorations, like the fountain. There’s also some good food and shopping options in this pavilion. Or you can use it as a place to take a break and just enjoy your surroundings. If you’re in the pavilion at the top of the hour you’ll hear the clock chime.
Here are some of the things you can find in the Germany Pavilion:
- Sommerfest: A counter service restaurant that serves things like bratwurst, apple strudel, jumbo pretzels, a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and more.
- Biergarten: A restaurant that is themed after a Bavarian village where the food is served buffet style. The tables are long, so you might end up sitting with people you don’t know and make some new friends. The buffet has a good selection and there’s entertainment on the stage while you eat.
- Shopping (Some shops may be temporarily unavailable)
- Das Kaufhaus – Apparel & Accessories
- Volkskunst – Gifts & Housewares
- Der Teddybar – Apparel & Accessories, Food & Spirits, Pins, and More
- Kunstarbeit in Kristall – Art & Collectibles
- Weinkeller – Food & Spirits
- Stein Haus – Gifts & Housewares
- Die Weihnachts Ecke – Art & Collectibles, Gifts & Housewares
- Karamell-Kuche – Food & Spirits
- Coin Press Machine at Der Teddybar
- Kidcot Fun Stop
- Germany Picture Spot
Thanks to everyone who played along and congratulations to everyone who knew where the fountain is located! Another Where is it Wednesday picture will be up soon.
What’s your favorite thing to see in the Germany Pavilion?
Thanks for reading!