Details for Disney’s newest cruise ship, the Disney Wish, were released recently and the ship is beautiful! Disney shared quite a bit about their newest addition to the fleet and while guests will find some of the same things on this ship as are on Disney’s other ships, there are also some new experiences for guests to enjoy.
There are things for all ages on this ship. Whether it’s activities, recreation, or dining, everyone will find something they like. One of the features of this ship is that guests will find that stories and characters from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars will be brought to life, giving guests some fun experiences. There really is a lot to experience on this ship, so let’s take a look.
Just like other ships, the Disney Wish will have different pools for little ones and families, and an adult only area. Plus, there’s a fun new water ride that’s located in the family pool area. The AquaMouse is a water ride, like the AquaDuck found on other ships, but this one will have scenes with Mickey, lighting and special effects, and splashtacular surprises, immersing guests in “The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse.”
The family pool area features six pools, more deck space, and more dining. This will give more space for families to spread out and enjoy themselves, since the pools will be staggered on tiered decks. There will also be an area for the little ones to enjoy. It’s a Toy Story-themed water area that has a splash zone, wading pool, family waterslide, and smoothie bar.
Looking for some quiet time? Adults can head over to the Quiet Cove and enjoy the infinity pool. There’s also a poolside bar and cafe to get drinks and food to enjoy while lounging by the pool.
With this new ship, Disney is debuting three new family dining concepts.
- Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure is a “Frozen” themed theatrical dining experience. Guests will enjoy live entertainment featuring the “Frozen” characters Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, and Olaf.
- Worlds of Marvel is the first Marvel themed dining adventure. Guests will get to play an interactive role in an Avengers mission that unfolds during your meal. The menu is inspired by the MCU, so it will be interesting to see what’s included.
- 1923, which is the year The Walt Disney Company was founded, celebrates the company’s legacy. Dishes at this restaurant will be a tribute to the company’s Californian heritage.
In addition to the above dining options, Disney also has dining options just for adults.
- Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge – Styled as a luxurious yacht-class spaceship. Drinks are inspired by different Star Wars destinations like Batuu, Tatooine, and Mustafar.
- Palo Steakhouse – Combines authentic Italian dining with a modern steakhouse. The restaurant is inspired by Cogsworth from “Beauty and the Beast.”
- Enchante by Chef Arnaud Lallement – Inspired by “Beauty and the Beasts’s” Lumiere, this restaurant will offer a gourmet menu from the three-Michelin-starred chef.
- The Rose – Is a “Beauty and the Beast” inspired lounge, obviously taking its theme from the flower in the movie. The lounge is located at the entrance to Palo Steakhouse and Enchante.
- The Grand Hall is the first atrium stage on any Disney ship. Guests will be able to see shows and interactive entertainment. The difference with this venue is it will come to life around everyone, which puts guests front and center playing a special role in the magic.
- Luna is the ships entertainment hub. During the day it will be filled with family fun and at night it makes the switch to an elegant venue for adult-exclusive entertainment.
- The Hero Zone gives families the chance to blend physical activity and imagination. Families will get to take part in challenges and game show-style competitions together.
- The Walt Disney Theatre is a beautiful theater where guests can see original Broadway-style productions.
- At the Wonderland and Never Land Cinemas guests can watch classic and first-run movies from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and more.
Activities for Kids
- Marvel Super Hero Academy – Kids can train to be super heroes and learn from some of their favorite Marvel characters.
- Fairytale Hall – Kids can get creative in Rupunzel’s Art Studio, Belle’s Library, and Anna and Elsa’s Sommerhaus.
- Walt Disney Imagineering Lab – Hands on activities and inventive experiments to give kids a look into the world of a Disney Imagineer.
- It’s a Small World Nursery – Parents can take advantage of babysitting services here for kids ages 6 months to 3 years.
- Edge – A hangout for kids ages 11 -`14.
- Vibe – A hangout for kids ages 14 to 17.
The Disney Wish has 1,254 staterooms that will offer an ocean view, with 877 of those including a spacious verandah. Plus, 451 of those rooms will have connecting doors to accommodate larger families.
For the first time, guests can stay in staterooms that are located above the bridge. These rooms will have floor-to-ceiling widows giving guests beautiful ocean views over the bow of the ship. These rooms are part of the concierge experience on the ship, so they also come with access to an exclusive lounge with a private sun deck.
Another option for guests to book are the royal suites, which can accommodate up to six guests. In this category there are a pair of two-story suites featuring spiral staircases and a two-deck high stained glass frieze.
The maiden voyage for the Disney Wish is June 9, 2022 for a five-night cruise to Nassau, Bahamas and Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island. After that sailing, the Disney Wish’s inaugural season will consist of three- and four-night cruises to the same destinations from Port Canaveral in Florida. The general public can start booking cruises for this ship on May 27, 2021.
For more info see the video below.
This ship looks stunning and I’m sure it’s going to be pretty popular to book for a while. Are you planning to sail on the Disney Wish?
Thanks for reading!