As usual, Disney will be celebrating Earth Day in Animal Kingdom, but this year’s celebration is extra special. Not only is it the 50th anniversary of Earth Day and the 25th anniversary of the Disney Conservation Fund, but both anniversaries happen on the same day!
So naturally, Disney has decided to throw a party! From April 18-22 there will be extra entertainment and activities throughout Animal Kingdom. The culminating experience will be an “all-day extravaganza” in Animal Kingdom on Earth Day (April 22).
Experiences for that week include:
- Expert Speakers
- Behind-the-scenes Tours
- Specialty Food and Beverages
- Limited-edition Merchandise Signings
- Character Greetings
- Photo Opportunities
- Special Wilderness Explorers Activities
Details of Some of these Experiences Include:
- Wild by Nature Speaker Series – Disney’s Animal Kingdom animal experts, educators and conservation “Heroes” at the park’s Theater in the Wild.
- Nat Geo Explorers and Photographers – Stories from the front lines of their explorations. They’ll also share wildlife photography and video techniques.
- Tiffins Talks – Discussions from popular Disney Imagineer Joe Rhode. This talk will feature a four-course meal and a discussion on Joe’s research tips and personal exhibitions from his life of exploration.
- Disneynature films producer, Roy Conli, will be giving discussions on the films.
- Stories from the Field – Experts recount incredible moments in the work saving at-risk wildlife around the world. Many of these speakers are global wildlife heroes that the Disney Conservation Fund will be showcasing in celebration of their 25th anniversary.
- Special animals will be featured at the Animation Experience at Conservation Station for the Earth Day Celebration.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be part of a live television event, “Born Wild: Earth Day Live,” which will be simulcast on National Geographic and Nat Geo WILD on April 22 at 8/7c. This special will feature different environments around the world, showcasing charismatic baby animals, their families, and habitats.
- All-day Extravaganza in Disney’s Animal Kingdom
I’ll update as more information is released, but it sounds like it’s going to be a fun week in Animal Kingdom!
Will you be in Disney World for the Earth Day/Disney Conservation Fund celebrations?
Thanks for reading!