Just last week Disney added three restaurants to the Mobile Order feature and now this week they have added another one. This time it’s an Epcot quick service restaurant.
Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom all have five or more restaurants on the list. For a while, Epcot was sitting at just two restaurants available for Mobile Order, so it’s nice to see another option get added. Hopefully, they will add more restaurants from Disney Springs to the list, because there is only one restaurant available for Mobile Order in Disney Springs.
The newest addition to the list is Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. This quick service restaurant is located in The Land Pavilion in Future World. Our last Saturday Snackshot post discussed Sunshine Seasons and the options available, which are many.
Here are the total number of locations available for Mobile Order (by park):
- Magic Kingdom – 7
- Epcot – 3
- Hollywood Studios – 5
- Animal Kingdom – 5
- Disney Springs – 1
Mobile ordering has been an option since May 27. The feature started with one restaurant (Satu-li Canteen in Animal Kingdom) and has grown to have 21 restaurants on the list in less than five months. Hopefully this option will be made available to most, if not all, quick service locations on Disney World property.
As of right now, Disney is not accepting dining plan credits, discounts, or Disney gift cards through the Mobile Order feature. So if you need to use any of those forms of payment you will need to order and pay with a cashier at the restaurant. Payments through the app can only be made with a credit card.
How it Works
- Click Your Icon Picture
- Click “Order Food”
- Pick Your Restaurant
- Pick Your Menu Items (Click Add to Add Items)
- Customize Your Order (if you want)
- Click “View My Order” When Ready to Purchase
- Click “Review Order Summary”
- Purchase Your Order
When you are ready to pick up your order just go back into the app and click “I’m Here, Prepare My Order” and they will start making your order. You will get notified when your order is ready. The restaurants have a separate line for Mobile Order purchases and there will be a sign that says “Mobile Order Pick Up.”
So you can order something while you are in line for a ride and not have to pick it up right away. That’s the really helpful thing about this feature, it allows you to order ahead of time and pick up when you are ready.
Here is the full list of restaurants available for Mobile Order:
- Magic Kingdom
- Aloha Isle (Adventureland)
- Casey’s Corner (Main Street U.S.A.)
- Columbia Harbour House (Liberty Square)
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (Tomorrowland)
- The Lunching Pad (Tomorrowland)
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe (Frontierland)
- Pinocchio Village Haus (Fantasyland)
- Electric Umbrella (Future World)
- Liberty Inn (World Showcase)
- Sunshine Seasons (Future World, The Land Pavilion)
- Hollywood Studios
- ABC Commissary (Commissary Lane)
- Backlot Express (Echo Lake)
- Fairfax Fare (Sunset Boulevard)
- PizzeRizzo (Grand Avenue)
- Rosie’s All-American Cafe (Sunset Boulevard)
- Animal Kingdom
- Flame Tree Barbecue (Discovery Island)
- Harambe Market (Africa)
- Pizzafari (Discovery Island)
- Restaurantosaurus (Dinoland U.S.A.)
- Satu’li Canteen (Pandora – The World of Avatar)
- Disney Springs
- D-Luxe Burger (Town Center)
Guests can also find the full list on Disney’s website. If a quick service restaurant is available for mobile ordering, the app icon for ordering food will show below the restaurant’s description. Click the icon to get a list of all the participating restaurants.
I’m very excited to try this during the next trip. We are on the dining plan though, so unless they change the payment option on the app, we will be paying out of pocket to try this feature. Fingers crossed they add dining credits as a payment option!
Have you tried this new option? What do you think about it?
Thanks for reading!