This week’s Snackshot brings us to a galaxy far, far away.
In Disney World’s newest land, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, there are several places to get food and drink. All of them are quick service, so it makes it easy to pop in, grab something to eat and drink, and then continue exploring the land. This week’s picture is from Ronto Roasters, where guests can choose from a limited, but good menu. You will find this restaurant at the end of the market area.
The item in the picture is called the Ronto Wrap, which is kind of the signature item since it shares its name with the restaurant. The wrap consists of roasted pork, grilled pork sausage, peppercorn sauce, and tangy slaw all wrapped in a pita bread. The flavors all work really well together and each bite is enjoyable, especially with the added crunch of the slaw. This is a great place to stop for a snack while you are shopping in the market. The wrap is very portable and easy to eat as you browse the shops.
Ronto Roasters Menu
- Ronto Morning Wrap – Eggs, Grilled Pork Sausage, Shredded Cheddar, and Peppercorn Sauce in Pita Bread
- Rising Moons Overnight Oats – Oats, Dragon Fruit, Yogurt, Seasonal Fruit
- Lunch & Dinner
- Ronto Wrap – Roasted Pork, Grilled Pork Sausage, Peppercorn Sauce, and Tangy Slaw wrapped in Pita Bread
- Galma Snack Sampler – Plantains, Veggie Chips, Pork Rinds, and a Rice Cracker
- Tatooine Sunset (non-alcoholic) – Gold Peak Unsweetened Tea, Odwalla Lemonade with Melon and Blueberry
- Fountain Drinks
- Dasani Bottled Water
- Coruscant Cooler – Maker’s Mark Bourbon, Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur, Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth, Cranberry, Lime Juice
- Trandoshan Ale – 16 oz draft Spiced Wheat Ale
- Surly Sarlacc – Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit and Rose Vodka, Minute Maid Limeade, Raspberry, Spicy Mango Flavors
Even if the food doesn’t interest you, I recommend stopping by this area. There is an impressive set up with a pitmaster droid who is using a podracer engine to heat a spit of meats. The droid turns the mechanical spit and if you listen closely you can hear him talking. It’s one of those details that makes Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge so much fun to explore, regardless of whether you are a Star Wars fan or not. Details like the pitmaster droid are really cool to see in person, so definitely make a stop and check him out.
Hope you enjoyed this week’s Snackshot! Have you tried anything at Ronto Roasters?
Thanks for reading!