Last week I posted the above picture and asked for guesses as to where it is located. This is a pretty popular picture spot, so it’s not surprising that 18 of you were able to correctly identify where this sculpture is located.
Congratulations to all who knew the sculpture can be found at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Specifically, you can find it behind the resort as you head towards the boat docks. I’ve seen lots of fun pictures families have taken with this sculpture. It’s one of those features at Disney that’s a fun place to take pictures during every visit.
The Contemporary Resort was one of Walt Disney World’s first hotels to open on October 1, 1971. Its A-frame design stands out, especially at night when the lights are on, and it’s a nice background for pictures because of this design. As one Disney’s Deluxe Resorts, the Contemporary is situated on the monorail line and is within walking distance Magic Kingdom. The location and ability to walk to Magic Kingdom, make this a popular hotel. Another feature that makes this a popular hotel is the fact that the monorail runs right through the main tower of the hotel.
The Contemporary Resort has some popular dining options as well. Two very popular restaurants guests like to book are both located in this hotel. In addition to dining, there are multiple shopping options at this Disney Resort hotel.
Contemporary Resort Dining Options:
- California Grill – Guests will find Californian cuisine with fresh ingredients. The menu consists of meals with seafood, pizza, chicken, steak, sushi, and more. One of the nice features of this restaurant is the view. The large windows give way to beautiful views of Seven Seas Lagoon and Magic Kingdom. There is an observation deck located at this restaurant, and once the Happily Ever After fireworks show returns to Magic Kingdom guests will again be able to view the fireworks from the observation deck.
- Chef Mickey’s – This restaurant offers an all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast. Character dining will return to this restaurant on December 15. Guests can enjoy their meals while seeing the monorail passing through the hotel.
- The Wave … of American Flavors – This restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner serving fresh items with the meals, some of which are grown in Disney’s greenhouses. A popular item served at breakfast are the sweet potato pancakes served with pecan-honey butter (yum!).
- Contempo Cafe – This quick service restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. With views of the 90-foot mural by Mary Blair and the monorail passing through the hotel, there is no shortage of fun views while grabbing a quick bite to eat here.
- Contemporary Grounds – Guests will find coffee, iced tea, hot chocolate, smoothies, and baked goods at this quick service location.
Contemporary Resort Shopping Options:
- Bayview Gifts
- Fantasia Market
Even if you’re not staying at the Contemporary Resort it’s definitely worth a ride on the monorail to check out one of the restaurants. It’s fun resort with some great views of Magic Kingdom!
Congratulations again to everyone who knew where to find the Mickey sculpture and thanks to everyone who played along! Another Where is it Wednesday picture will be up soon.
Have you explored the Contemporary Resort or taken a picture with the sculpture in the picture?
Thanks for reading!