Not too long ago Disney decided to change the Wine & Dine Half Marathon races to virtual races, due to current conditions. While it’s sad for all those that were planning to run in Disney World this year, it’s giving more people an opportunity to sign up for the races.
The Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend was supposed to happen in November, but to keep crowd levels low Disney had to change up the way the race is done this year. In changing it to a virtual race they announced that they would be opening the race to more people. As of the time of writing, all four races are still open for registration.
Virtual Race Costs
- 5K: $79
- 10K: $99
- Half Marathon: $118
- Disney Two Course Challenge: $252
All races include:
- Commemorative Finisher Medal
- Long Sleeve Event Tech Shirt
- A Digital Bib and Finisher Certificate
- Digital Race Tool Kit featuring printable mile markers
- Digital Goody Bag
- Virtual Playlist
If you choose to do the Disney Two Course Challenge they you will receive three commemorative finisher medals: the 10K medal, the half marathon medal, and the Disney Two Course Challenge medal.
- Participants for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend must be 14 years of age or older.
- Commemorative medals will be sent via mail to the physical address submitted at registration. The medals cannot be shipped to a PO Box or an APO Box.
- Runners will track their own times and the completion is based on the honor system. Once the races are completed, runners can visit the finisher website to submit their finish time and download the race certificate.
The theme for the Wine & Dine races this year is Disney villains. So the commemorative medals will have different Disney villains on them. To register visit rundisney.com.
Are you signing up to run this race virtually? How many runDisney events have you been to?
Thanks for reading!