Recently Disney announced that the virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance would have three different distribution times available to guests who want to grab a spot in the queue. The distribution times were 10 am, 1 pm, and 4 pm. However, there has been a change.
Starting today, instead of three distribution times there will only be two. Disney has decided to keep the 10 am distribution time (makes sense for the opening time of the park) and change the 1 pm distribution time to 2 pm. They have also removed the 4 pm distribution time all together, so there are now only two times to get spots on Rise of the Resistance.
The reason for this, Disney says, is because they have not been able to accommodate as many people on the ride as before. This is due to the required extra spacing between groups both in the queue line and on the ride. From what I hear from guests in the parks the times are going incredibly fast at all the distribution times, which really isn’t a change from before the closure. The only difference between having distribution times and having them all available at park opening is that before all the spots would be gone within the first few minutes of the park opening. Since the times still go quickly, it’s good to be prepared before you get to the park and know how to reserve, so when it’s distribution time you’re ready to frantically refresh your phone for a time slot.
What to Know About Reserving a Spot in the Queue
- Make sure you have the My Disney Experience app downloaded on your phone. This is the most important part, because this is where you will be making your reservation.
- Once in the app, choose “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. This is where you will find out if there is availability for the queue.
- Make sure everyone is linked together in the My Disney Experience app, so you can reserve a spot for everyone.
- Everyone in your party must have tickets linked to their account.
- Push notifications should be turned on for My Disney Experience. This way you will be notified when it is your turn to ride.
- Each guest will only be able to ride once per day. This limit is set so as many guests as possible can ride.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is a fun ride that puts guests right in the middle of the story. I’m thankful I got to ride it for the first time right before the shutdown. From the queue (which really doesn’t feel like a queue) through exiting the ride you are always a part of the story and it’s such an impressive experience. All the cast members are awesome as well and play their parts wonderfully, which really adds to the feeling of being in a Star Wars story.
Again, these new distribution times start today. Keep the distribution times in mind for your Hollywood Studios day. If you are hoping to get a time slot during the 10 am distribution time then I would get there before the park opens so you have time to get through security and scan into the park.
Have you had a chance to ride Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance yet?
Thanks for reading!