Last week I posted the above picture and asked for guesses as to where it is located. There were some great guesses, but Doug and Katie were able to pinpoint where in Disney World these are located. Congratulations!
Guests can find these rocking chairs in the shop and photo pick up area when exiting Splash Mountain. Just like many of Disney’s other attractions, the exit leads through the gift shop, so it’s easy to stop off and take a look around. It’s not the biggest gift shop, but it has snacks, apparel, and other popular souvenirs guests like to pick up at Disney World. This is also where you can get the ride picture and they have Splash Mountain picture frames available for purchase. The rocking chairs are located in this area, so guests can have a seat and relax while the family shops or while waiting for an order.
Splash Mountain is one of my favorite rides at Disney World. I love all the scenes during the ride and that view right before the big drop is awesome! The ride takes guests through the story of Br’er Rabbit looking for his “laughing place.” During the story he’s followed by Br’er Bear and Br’er Fox, who try to catch him. Of course, the story ends happily and after the 5-story drop guests find themselves floating in the end scene with a lot of the animatronic characters and the Zip-A-Dee Lady (a paddle boat) with more animatronic characters. It’s such a happy and bright scene that always leaves me smiling.
Some fun facts about the ride from Disney World’s website:
- There are over 100 audio-animatronic geese, frogs, raccoons, possums, bees, alligators, and other critters.
- The attraction holds 950,000 gallons of water.
- There are 3 dips throughout the ride.
- The biggest drop on Splash Mountain is a 5-story drop. Make sure to keep your eyes open for the view as you crest the climb before the drop. It’s a great view of the park!
- Don’t want to get soaked? Make sure to sit in the back.
- Sitting in the front will get you soaked, so make sure to keep phones, cameras, and other electronics covered.
Thanks to everyone who played along this week! Another Where is it Wednesday picture will be soon!
Thanks for reading!