Starting Wednesday, some third-party owned establishments will open. However, there were still questions as to when the Disney owned businesses would open their doors. Now we have an answer.
Disney has announced that three Disney-owned and operated stores and venues will open: World of Disney, D-Luxe Burger (mobile order), and the Marketplace Co-Op. So while it’s not all the businesses, it’s a good start.
Disney has also implemented new procedures for those visiting when they reopen. These new procedures are based on government requirements and guidance from the CDC and the appropriate government agencies.
New Procedures for Disney Springs Reopening
- There will be limited parking and reduced entrances.
- Temperature screenings will be necessary before entry. Those with temperatures above 100.4 will not be allowed to enter Disney Springs and neither will those in their party. This is based on the guidance from health authorities.
- Face coverings will be required for guests who are ages 3 and up.
- Physical distancing practices, which includes physically-distanced queues and physical barriers.
- There will be temporary modifications to operations. These include, reduced hours at select locations and no scheduled entertainment offerings for high-touch interactive areas.
- Disney will have an increased focus on disinfecting and sanitation. This includes the addition of hand-washing stations and hand sanitizers in key areas.
- Cashless transactions are recommended at this time when shopping and dining in Disney Springs.
Disney is making sure all cast members go through new training to adjust to these new procedures. They’ll have cast members walking around Disney Springs to explain the new procedures and to answer any questions guests may have.
Disney has also added a liability statement regarding COVID-19 and visiting Disney Springs
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other Guests, and Cast Members. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting Disney Springs.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Disney Springs you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Let’s keep each other healthy and safe.
The rest of the Walt Disney World Resort will remain closed. There have been no announcements or hints as to when it will reopen, but once Disney makes an official announcement I’ll make sure to post an update.
Are you excited to see things reopening in Disney Springs?
Thanks for reading!