Disney has been keeping a close eye on Hurricane Dorian and its path. They’ve decided, in the interest of keeping guests and staff safe, to close early tomorrow.
Disney announced the different closing times for the parks, the last seating for dining reservations, and special events ticket refunds. They also made an announcement regarding their cancellation policy for dining reservations.
- Magic Kingdom will open at 7 a.m. for resort guests (Extra Magic Hours) and 8 a.m. for the general public. The park will close at 3 p.m.
- Epcot will open at 7 a.m. and close at 3 p.m.
- Hollywood Studios will open at 6 a.m. for Extra, Extra Magic Hours (for resort guests) and 9 a.m. for the general public. The park will close at 2 p.m.
- Animal Kingdom will open at 7 a.m. for resort guests (Extra Magic Hours) and 8 a.m. for the general public. The park will close at 2 p.m.
- Disney Springs will open at 10 a.m. and will close at 3 p.m.
- ESPN Wide World of Sports will be closed.
- Blizzard Beach Water Park will be closed.
- Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf will open at 10 a.m. and close at 3 p.m.
- Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf will open at 10 a.m. and will close at 3 p.m.
Special Event Tickets
Guests who purchased special event tickets for Disney After Hours or Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for September 3 can either get a refund, get another ticket for the same event on a different day, or get a 1-Day Flexible Date Ticket with a Park Hopper Option that can be used any day before December 31, 2020.
To redeem on of the options call 407-939-7818 by December 15, 2019. Make sure to have your tickets available to you during the call, because that will help move things along.
Dining and Other Experience Reservations
Park dining reservations for September 3 will be honored up until one hour before the park closes. Dining reservations at Disney Resort hotels will be honored until 5:30 p.m. Disney will not be enforcing their cancellation policy for dining and other experiences for September 3, so don’t worry about cancelling if you have reservations booked that day. Prepaid dining experiences or other experiences that would happen after the adjusted operating hours for September 3 will automatically be cancelled and refunded.
Orlando International Airport Will Cease Operations on Tuesday
From their press page:
Orlando International Airport will cease commercial operations at 2 a.m. on Tuesday, September 3, 2019. Operations will resume subject to safe weather conditions.
To keep up with announcements regarding flight operations and the hurricane, you can visit the Orlando International Airport press page.
Hoping everyone stays safe during the storm!
Thanks for reading!