A new signature dining restaurant is now open in Epcot! Takumi-Tei opened to guests today in the Japan pavilion.
Disney is describing this restaurant as “an upscale dining experience with exceptional and specialized service tailored to the unique atmosphere.” Through this dining experience, guests will get a better understanding of Japanese culture while enjoying their meal in one of the five dining rooms.
There is a prix fixe multi-course tasting menu, a chef’s table, and a dinner menu. Below are some items that can be found on the menu.
- Teien – Compressed watermelon and tuna sashimi.
- Nikomi Wagyu – Braised wagyu short rib with roasted bone marrow.
- Hamma no Kani – Crab tossed in a light ponzu sauce and whole toasted crab.
- Agedashi Tofu – Fried silken tofu, brown butter black rice, and shimeji mushroom.
- Kamo Rosu – Roasted marinated duck with kabocha squash, edamame beans, Japanese mizuna, cured duck egg yolk, and a grape reduction.
- Takumi Gyuniku – A Japanese A-5 wagyu beef tenderloin with leek sauce, warishita, short rib gyoza, roast cipollini onion, curried potato, and seasonal mushroom.
Sushi and Sashimi
- Mozaiku – Tuna, yellowtail, and asparagus.
- Temari Sushi – A chef-selected assortment of oceanic delicacies.
- Takumi Sashimi – Tuna, toro, salmon, yellowtail, uni, and ikura.
- Kumo – Yuzu cheesecake, spiced kabocha, orange yuzu gel, and blackberry sauce.
- Suiren Dani – Japanese water cake, rose, kuromitsu, and kinako crumb.
- Specialty Cocktails
- Kochi – Joto Yuzu citrus sake, rum, fresh mint, yuzu juice, and orange.
- Raiju – Haku Japanese vodka, spiced ginger beer, and lime.
- Sakurajima – Japanese whisky sour smoked with cherrywood.
- Kami – Roku gin, Sayuri “White Lilly” Nigori sake, calipco, and lychee.
Takumi-Tei is open for dinner starting at 4 p.m., but reservations are not yet available. Until July 16, 2019 they will only be taking walk-ups. Starting July 16 guests can make reservations for times starting that day and beyond.
Are you excited to try this new dining experience?
Thanks for reading!