Epcot is getting a bit of a makeover and the transformation will be going on for the next year, at least. New rides, a new entrance, new dining, and more are on their way to Epcot.
Due to this transformation there are some things that will be temporarily closing and some things that will be permanently closing. Below you will find the list of what is closing and what is only being moved temporarily.
Character Meet & Greets
- Epcot Character Spot – This will be temporarily closing on September 8, 2019. Disney posted the new locations for the characters while transformation is going on. New locations are listed below:
- Minnie Mouse will move into the World Showcase Gazebo.
- Daisy Duck will move to The American Adventure.
- Mouse and Goofy will temporarily appear in Innoventions West while new venues are being prepared for them.
- Mickey Mouse will move to an all-new location in the Imagination! Pavilion, which will happen in the near future.
- Goofy will find a new home out in the park.
- Baymax – Unfortunately, the Baymax meet and greet is scheduled to end later this year and it doesn’t state on the meet and greet page if this is temporary, so this is looking like a permanent closure.
- Joy and Sadness – Just like Baymax, the Joy and Sadness meet and greet is scheduled to end later this year. Disney has said that Joy will move to a new home, but there was no mention of Sadness joining her, so we’ll see what happens.
Some exciting character meet & greet news was also announced. Starting in September 2019 Winnie the Pooh will begin meeting guests in the United Kingdom at Christopher Robin’s bedroom again!
- Innoventions East, Colortopia, and Nanooze Break will close on September 8, 2019.
- Electric Umbrella – The restaurant will close this winter. New dining options will be available in the future, featuring a variety of food and beverage selections.
- Fountain View – This will relocate to a temporary location in the late fall.
- Mouse Gear – This will move to a temporary location as the current location is reimagined.
- Pin Central – This will temporarily relocate to a new location during refurbishment.
- The Camera Center – This will close in the fall so Pin Central can relocate there.
All of these changes can be found on Disney’s website on each of the attraction, shopping, dining, or character pages. We’ll keep you updated with any other closure announcements Disney makes regarding Epcot.
There’s a lot going on at Epcot, and a lot being moved around or closed, but it’s nice to see Epcot getting some updates. I’m interested to see how the park will look once all of this is complete.
What do you think of these changes?
Thanks for reading!