Disney has lots of tours on property that give guests behind the scenes looks, as well as some interesting information. These tours are a fun way for guests to see different sides of Disney and learn a little something in the process.
Starting on February 24, 2019 guests will be able to experience a new tour. The Taste of Magic Kingdom Park VIP Tour is a 3-hour experience that will take guests behind the scenes of some of the backstage kitchens and working areas in Magic Kingdom. These areas on the tour are places that were previously not shared with guests, so that’s one of the perks of this tour.
Guests will also get to hear stories about creating new menus and they’ll hear about the food history at Magic Kingdom from the chefs and Cast Members they meet along the tour. New and interesting themed foods are being introduced all the time in the parks so these stories should be interesting.
Of course, guests will also get to sample some food during the tour. It certainly couldn’t be called the “Taste of Magic Kingdom Park VIP Tour” without sampling some of the food from the park. Disney encourages guests to “be sure to bring an appetite–an incredible assortment of sweet and savory flavors awaits!” So you can bet there will be a good amount of food on this tour.
In addition to current menu items, guests will also get to sample an item that is still in development! How cool is that?! If you take this tour you will get to sample something that no other guests have even heard of yet. That’s a pretty decent Disney bragging right, I think.
- Reservations are now open for this tour.
- Tours start on February 24, 2019
- Cost: $99 per person
- Availability: Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays (starting February 24, 2019)
- Can be booked online, on the phone at 407-939-3463, or by contacting your travel agent.
- Guests are required to sign a waiver in order to participate.
- Guests must be at least 12 years old.
- Heels, open-ended shoes are not permitted.
- Dining plan credits may not be used for this tour.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time.
- Check-in is located at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant.
- Theme park admission is required and is not included with the price of the tour.
If you’re like me and like trying new food items at Disney World then this tour is probably one you want to put on your list. It’s a bit pricey if you have a big family that wants to go, so that is something that could be considered a con, but most of the Disney VIP tours are around this price, if not more. If you are considering this tour then I would factor it into your budget and go from there.
Disney has lots of tours to choose from, including less expensive ones that aren’t considered “VIP tours”, so if this one doesn’t pique your curiosity, there are plenty of others to check out. I like that Disney is giving a bit of variety in the different tours they are creating. It gives everyone a chance to find something that appeals to them and their budget.
What do you think of this new tour?
Thanks for reading!