It’s time for another Tuesday’s Tip from a Dream Makers Travel Agency vacation planner! This week Hunter is giving us another tip. Her tip this week is about how to handle rainy days at Disney World.
Hunter loves to travel to Disney World with her husband and kids, and each year they travel to Disney World to experience Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. In addition to the Halloween party being a favorite for her family, Hunter has a list of some of her other favorite things in Disney World. For instance, her favorite ride is Expedition Everest, her favorite park is Animal Kingdom, and her favorite Disney snack is a Mickey pretzel (Yum!). You can see more of Hunter’s favorites on her page at Dream Makers Travel Agency.
Without further ado, here is Hunter’s tip for this week!
Rain Day Tips for Disney World
Don’t let rain be a reason to cancel your park plans when visiting Disney. There are so many activities to enjoy in each park to make the most of the inevitable Florida rain. Rain sends people out of the parks in a hurry, so take advantage of lower crowds! Each park has many rainy day activities from shops to browse and restaurants to try to indoor character meet and greets. Below you will also find a list of attractions and entertainment you can enjoy in each park while still staying dry.
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- It’s A Small World
- Space Mountain
- Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin
- Haunted Mansion
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Pirates of the Caribbean*
- The Hall of Presidents
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Enchanted Tiki Room
*May close if Adventureland experiences flooding.
Epcot – The best park for rainy days!
- Spaceship Earth
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Living with the Land
- The Circle of Life
- Journey into Imagination with Figment
- ImageWorks The “What If” Labs
- Mission Space
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros
- The American Adventure
- Frozen Ever After*
- Many Character Meet & Greets are also indoors
* This ride has a mixture of indoor and outdoor queue and if the park is busy may not be the best option.
- Tower of Terror
- Aerosmith’s Rock N’ Rollercoaster
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Star Tours
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
- Muppet Vision 3D
- Toy Story Midway Mania
- Frozen Sing Along Celebration
- Finding Nemo – The Musical
- Festival of the Lion King
- It’s Tough to be a Bug
- Mickey & Minnie’s Meet & Greet
- Navi River Journey*
- Avatar Flight of Passage*
*These rides have a mixture of indoor and outdoor queues and if the park is busy may not be the best option.
Disney Springs & Resorts
- Visit the arcade at your resort
- Explore the resort’s gift shop
- Take a monorail tour
- Go Bowling at Splitsville Luxury Lanes in Disney Spring
- See a movie at the AMC theater in Disney Springs
Remember, the typical Florida shower is in the afternoon and doesn’t last very long – maybe one to two hours. Pack those ponchos and make the best of the magic Disney parks have to offer! And remember, if all else fails – just play in the puddles!
Thanks for the tips, Hunter! Rainy day tips are always good to remember. Definitely don’t leave the park, that’s for sure. The lines will be shorter when it’s raining, so take advantage of that!
We’ll have another tip from another Dream Makers Travel Agency vacation planner next week!
Thanks for reading!